3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 4:54 AM by fsadough

Driver update for Firepro 2460 gives blank screens

kekeken

I installed AMD's latest driver update (14.502.1019) for my FirePro 2460. The screens went blank during the install and stay blank after trying to reboot.  I cannot even get it to boot in safe mode. I tried booting with system recovery discs but that does not work either.  Any suggestions AMD?

Windows 7 on an HP Elite 8300 i7 workstation

• Re: Driver update for Firepro 2460 gives blank screens
          kekeken

UPDATE - I had to remove the video card and plug the monitor in via VGA.  I was then able to restore the system to an earlier version, which essentially removed all for the changes the update installed.  I am now back to square one; a new driver is available but not usable.

jileslanpe

Had the same issue with 14.502.1019.  I did a windows repair then installed version 14.301.1019 (old driver versions can be downloaded here), which works fine so far. 

My rig:

Asus P9X79 Deluxe

Intel i7 3930K

FirePro 2460

Windows 7 x64

32 GB G Skill Ripjawz 1600 DDR3

a few intel Sata III SSD's

Side note--I can't say I've had great performance from any display driver for this card for the 3 years I've had this system.  Intermittently the display driver crashes windows, maybe once a week on heavy use.  Don't recall which driver versions I tried, but I did upgrade it I believe earlier this year.  I had to reinstall the OS this week, when I had the problem with 14.502.1019, so not sure how good 14.301.1019 is in that regard.

Anyway, hope that helps

fsadough

Make sure you have the latest Chipset driver and system BIOS update for your HP Elite 8300 i7