2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2015 3:32 AM by pudimowned

Everytime i try to install driver i get a bsod 7450m

pudimowned

So i'm on a notebook (Inspiron 14R N4110), and i tried to install 4 different drivers. 2 old drivers from 2013 which i get from Dell's database, ATI Autodetect and the latest Beta Driver for my video card.

All of them cause my pc (amidst driver installing) to crash (BSOD) and the following errors appeared:

- Most frequent: Video_TDR_FAILURE (ATIkmpag.sys_
      - Bad_pool_header

- system_file_error (win32k)

I managed to install the driver ONCE but it crashed(BSOD) after i tried to run a game with it. I have a fresh 8.1 Windows version, all windows updates up-to-date. I don't know how to solve this error and you guys are my only hope. I can't buy a better computer because my family hasn't got much money and i have to help them pay the bills, so.. Yea, i can't replace this notebook.

EDIT: Happened since i tried to upgrade to W10, and it worked out, but i accidentally deleted windows.old (which contained my drivers) and it crashed. So i had to re-install my 8.1. Then this error started.

• Re: Everytime i try to install driver i get a bsod 7450m
          kingfish

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Screenshot_2_1.png

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Drivers/ATI_Catalyst/

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

• Re: Everytime i try to install driver i get a bsod 7450m
              pudimowned

Thank you for you help

I'm trying everything right now, i'll give you feedback as soon as i complete every step. Although i'l not be able to remove amd driver by "Uninstall a program" because i had to remove it by "Device Manager" otherwise my computer would crash. Is it gonna affect me ?

Also, i'd rule out Disk / Windows problems since i repaired everything, i have a fresh install, i repaired my Drive and i've corrected every registry error.

Edit: As soon as i uninstalled Intel driver and rebooted, my pc "regcognized" my HD 7400m. I went to "Device Manager" and it was there, but it had the yellow triangle warning (wasn't working). When i tried to install HD 3000 Driver, i got bluescreened again and it went on an endless BSOD loop until i had to insert my w8.1 dvd and restore.

So, in the end, this didn't work :/