AnsweredAssumed Answered

DVI not working with R9 390

Question asked by ms4sman on Sep 24, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 by warpfact0r10

I just got a Sapphire R9 390. My main monitor is using the HDMI port, and my second monitor is on DVI. When I first installed the card, the second monitor worked fine, BEFORE I installed the drivers from AMD in that both monitors were on, but were duplicating. However, afterward, the DVI monitor is completely gone. Can't get it to be detected for anything. The monitor shows activity (blue light) for a couple seconds during boot up but then goes back to sleep since there's no input.  I rebooted with the HDMI unplugged, and only the DVI. Shows the mobo logo and the Windows 10 loading icon, but then blacks out at the login screen. I assume that is the point where the AMD drivers get loaded. I also tested and found out that the problem is not just with dual monitors, it is the DVI in general. Even booting the computer with only the DVI monitor plugged it, it works fine until AMD drivers load then it blacks out.  I'm not very familiar with AMD's software, so does anyone have any clue what's going on here? If you need more info just ask!

Here's my PC specs: Intel Core i5-4590, EVGA GeForce GTX 760, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) - System Build - PCPartPicker

Thanks!

Outcomes