AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with crashing on Windows 10.

Question asked by joshlongo on Sep 24, 2015

Hello everyone! Recently I built a computer through Newegg for about $650 and it has worked amazingly for me. I had it originally running Windows 7 up until recently, when I upgraded to Windows 10 through the tool on the Microsoft Website. It was working well for about a week until one day while playing World of Warcraft and Skyping with some friends, the computer froze up and the sound bugged out as if it was looping fast (sort of like a buzzing, you knew right away the computer crashed). It never went to a blue screen or anything but I had to manually restart. Ever since then, these crashes have been occurring. This never happened on Windows 7, so I assume it's an issue with compatibility of sorts. I'm new to computer parts and stuff, this is my first build and a friend of mine helped me choose parts and put it together. Anyways, these crashes mostly happen in games but sometimes they happen outside too, so it happens when the computer is running for at least 15 minutes and when I'm running multiple processes. I also tried to reinstall my AMD graphics card driver I got from the CD and my MSI motherboard CD drivers. I also tried to update my drivers to find out that the Catalyst Software Control Center is not on my computer and every time I try to install it, the program never appears. The installation is working though, because I have the AMD Gaming Evolved program installed but not Catalyst CC. So I make the assumption that has something to do with it. I also tried it with firewall off with no avail. It's hard to do work or game when these crashes keep occurring and I'm running out of options. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:

MSI 970A-G46 AMD 970 ATX Motherboard

CORSAIR CX600W Power Supply

Sapphire DUAL-X Radeon R9 270 Video Card

AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-core 3.5GHz Processor

Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive

G.Skill Ripjaws x2 4GB RAM (8GB total)

Windows 10 Build 10240

Outcomes