0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2015 1:28 PM by girionis

ATI Radeon 8.361, only one display port works at a time

girionis

Hello, I have an ATI Radeon 8.361 video card. I am running Windows XP with SP3. For several years I had one monitor connected to the DVI port, which worked like a charm. Lately I have moved my pc to my office and I connected an EPSON projector to it (to the HDMI port). I am trying to get a dual display to no avail. It seems that my PC (or my card) cannot recognize the two displays and only displays the out to one at a time.

If I connect both my monitor (DVI) and my EPSON projector (HDMI) and I start the PC it only shows the output to my monitor.

If I connect only my monitor (DVI) and I start the PC it shows the output to my monitor. If, after that, I connect my projector to the video card (HDMI) it still shows the output to my monitor (no output to the projector).

If I connect only my projector (HDMI) and I start the PC it shows the output to my projector. If, after that, I connect my monitor to the video card (DVI) it still shows the output to my projector (no output to the monitor).

I would appreciate any ideas of how to show the video output to both monitor and projector.

Thank you