9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2015 5:48 PM by jensgh

Driver Error Mac Pro 15.201

jensgh

After installing new Bootcamp Driver 15.201 2015.9.21 on my Mac Pro 2013 D300 FirePro Control is not working and I get ACPI Error BSOD.

Reinstalling Bootcamp 6 driver from Apple solves the problem.

• Re: Driver Error Mac Pro 15.201
          darealdevil

I have the same problem... D500 FirePro Control Center is not working, but I dont get the BSOD.

Like jensgh said - just the old Bootcamp driver get the Control Center back to work.

What is the right way to enable the it again?

cliffback

Same problem here. My machine freezes 30 seconds-ish after boot on the new drivers. Tried a clean install of Windows 10, with no luck, problem is still there. Had to revert back to the official bootcamp drivers I got from Apple, which is pretty good now btw. Got DirectX 12 support

But AMD needs to do something. I feel like the same things happen over and over. Either we get no drivers at all, or we get one that is broken. Shame on you AMD. I'm NEVER going to buy a product with a component from AMD/ATI inside again. NEVER... Unless you get your crap together and start to deliver.

And I'm not the only one who thinks like this, just sayin.

wetwillyhip

So I just installed Windows 8.1 bootcamp on my Mac Pro 2013. I ran bootcamp 6 and I think the installation put me on the latest AMD drivers you all are talking about.

Driver: 15.20.1060-150715a-186304C. Yes?

I'm not getting any freezes but there sure as hell STILL IS NOT AN EyeFINITY option. Only if I roll back to 13.1 & 13.25 of the driver, I get the eyefinity option that pops up.

I'd like to be able to run a more CURRENT driver with EYEFINITY! WTF AMD. Anyone else setup with 3+ monitors for eyefinity gaming?? UGH

darealdevil

Hello wetwillyhip,

thanks for your reply. No the driver I'm talking about does have a 15.201.XXXX not 15.20.1XXX so you have the original working driver. The 15.201 is direkt from the ati page http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/bootcamp and kills my FirePro Control Center that I can't edit graphic settings.

You may create a restore point, test it and if it don't work - restore windows to that point.

wetwillyhip

Gotcha man! Yeah I'm running the working driver that comes with Bootcamp 6. Everything is working great so far. No black screens.

The only thing now is EyeFinity is STILL NOT SHOWING UP with my monitor setup. I have a 3 monitor setup that has ran Eyefinity before with older Bootcamp drivers 13.1 & 13.25. Anything beyond that version, EYEFINITY disappears and no longer becomes available. So frustrating. I contacted AMD support, as soon as they heard Bootcamp & Mac Pro, they're like ummm no you gotta call Apple for that. I just got off the phone with Apple and a Senior Advisor & they're saying AMD is responsible. Which makes sense... they are the developer. All apple does is wrangle up all the correct drivers into a pretty package and call it Bootcamp.

I'm calling back AMD to yell at them & to tell them I have a Senior Advisor's information if they'd like to contest they're responsibility on the matter.

I want answers.

jensgh

Apple just released a Bootcamp driver Update

15.201.2001-151005a-295390C

No problems so far...