0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 11:10 AM by topdowndriver

HD 5700 and Windows 10 - Severe Graphics Corruption

topdowndriver

I have upgraded a Windows 8.1 system to Windows 10.  I am experiencing severe graphics corruption (starts first in the Metro apps) which requires me to often reboot the system.  The system was working perfectly under Windows 8.1 so I assumed it was an ATI Driver issue.

I am running the latest Beta Driver and have performed a clean install using both CCleaner and Driver Uninstaller to make certain that both the file-system and registry are clear of any incompatibilities - though the issue still occurs.  It actually takes a while for the issue to occur as the system will stay up and fine for a couple of days prior to the corruption.  My experience with computers has lead me to believe that this is an issue with memory mapping inside of the driver for the video card.

I have recently written a small script which disables the video card driver and resets just it.  I can toggle this once I begin to see the corruption.  This has confirmed to me that the issue is in the driver as this ALWAYS fixes the problem.  Though, of course, this is not a long-term solution.

I would be happy to interface with any of the engineers writing the driver for Windows 10 and run whatever tests or debugging they desire in order to isolate the issue.  However, I am certain that there is a significant problem with the driver which may not manifest itself until about 72 hours or more of use - and possibly not until a large display is used (mine is a 30" at about 2560x1600 resolution.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like any further information.

Peter