0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2015 4:43 AM by snatchertas

Windows 10 on 6250 (Z-60 APU tablet) often fails to play video with error MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_DECODE : HRESULT - 0xC00D36B4 and sometimes it plays only sound with black video.

snatchertas

Windows 10 on Radeon 6250 (Z-60 APU tablet) often fails to play video with error MF_MEDIA_ENGINE_ERR_DECODE : HRESULT - 0xC00D36B4 and sometimes it plays only sound with black video.

This happens with all the included Windows 10 apps, with all browsers and all Windows 8/8.1 store apps (e.g. Tubecast)

I am using a tablet with Z-60 (reference AMD design? Same as the Vizio MT11X-A1 and the Mouse Computer LuvPad WN1100)

I have tried the Windows 10 provided driver, with or without the Catalyst control center. I have also tried to install the OEM provided drivers (originally for Windows 8) and this results in immediate blue-screens and the tablet does not work until the drivers are rolled back.

BTW, the tablet was purchased 2 years ago and as far as I know this APU was first introduced around that time (Vizio ships 11.6-inch Windows 8 Tablet PC for $600 )

so I have reasonable expectations for support.