5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2015 3:09 AM by slverhammer

amd installer fail

sec2709

Hi, I've been trying to use the Roxio vhs to dvd software, but when I plug the adapter in, I get the blue screen of death and windows shuts down.

With a little research, I think it may be the AMD is not current.  So I downloaded the latest driver and software, but when I tried to install, it stops and says installer failed.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Oh, I have windows 7 pro running on a toshiba satellite P755 laptop

• Re: amd installer fail
          kingfish

You neglected to mention your graphics...kinda important don't you think So I will make a wild guess and say you have a AMD graphics HD5xxx series or older and you have Intel switchable graphics.

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Screenshot_2_1.png

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Drivers/ATI_Catalyst/

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot

ray_m Another example of why we need to have a posting guide.

kingfish

In order to get any meaningful support for your issue, the following information is requested:

Please do not post any DXdialog or links to a image.

Please post in an appropriate forum.

LAPTOPS:

Laptop manufacturer

Laptop exact model number

Operating system? Is this the original OS?

Processor

Graphics chip (card)

Switchable graphics? (AMD + Intel or AMD + AMD)

When did this issue first appear?

What steps have you taken to correct the issue?

Have you searched Windows Update for relevant 'optional'updates?

slverhammer

How do I uninstall the intel driver? There is nothing in uninstall a program or installed updates that is for the video drive, which is hd4600. What there is is intel management engine, USB 3.0 and network connections. Also should I uninstall raptr ?

I have a desktop

ASUS mobo

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

i7 4790k

hd 5800

intel 4600

I uninstalled the driver and CC before, only able to reinstall driver manually to version 14.501 and catalyst 14.12. cc 2015.0821.22

when it updates fail it say not member of administration group. hdmi audio does not update. And yes nothing in windows update

sec2709

Please forgive my ignorance, but I only see the intel graphics card in device manager.Can  you have the intel and amd installed without a problem?Also, I did not see a way to reply to the other posts from the website, but I have the following:Toshiba Satellite p755 Windows 7 Professional 64 bitDon't know what other info is needed in order to help me, but ask and I'll try to give it to you.Many thanks.....I just want to convert several home vhs movies to dvd.....