12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 3:54 AM by jakeshi

Vishera Desktop PC

jakeshi

Description

Built last year as a replacement of old PC with Athlon 64 3500+ and Radeon X1950Pro.

P1030236.JPGP1030237.JPG

P.S.: Sorry for stupid cable management, there is a lot of cables and little of chances to hide them (the Zalman Z3 case has good air-flow and is relatively good in quality/price ratio, but their cable management is horrible). I plan to buy a new PSU (with modular cables, so it will be much much better) in a near future.

A small note: I will make a better photos, when I will have a little free time.

EDIT 14.5.2016 - Because my 500 GB WD was so tight, I bought new HDD drive - Toshiba P300 3 TB, which is rebranded Hitachi Deskstar.

EDIT 6.8.2016 - Because my previous PSU  (Seasonic SS-500ET-F3) failed, I replaced it with Corsair RM550x.

Specifications

CPUAMD FX-8350
      CoolerSilentiumPC Fera 2 v2
      MotherboardAsus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
      MemoryKingston HyperX Beast 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1866 MHz
      GraphicsSapphire Radeon R9 270X Toxic With Boost 2GB
      Disc Drive 1SSD Crucial M500 128GB
      Disc Drive 2WD Black 500 GB
      Disc Drive 3Toshiba P300 3TB
      PSUCorsair RM550x
      CaseZalman Z3 Plus
      MonitorLG L226W
        • Re: Vishera Desktop PC
          adr_tech

Now that's what I call an upgrade! Any pics?

jakeshi

Yes, I will upload some pics probably during the evening, because I am not at home right now

adju

Oh... my previous rig what I had before my Q9300 was a AMD Athlon 64 Venice. Even as only a single core, it was a good CPU imho. I like of your setup. Are you happy with your SilentiumPC? Been reading bout those lately cause been wondering of changing my Antec if I decide to update my old comp soon. So far I´ve heard just good feedback of em.

jakeshi

I built another similar config (FX-8350, R9 270X) last year for a friend, and he wanted AC Freezer 13 as a cooler. If I can compare Freezer 13 and Fera 2, I recommend Fera 2. Fera 2 uses standard 120mm fans, when AC needs special one with special clips to pin it to cooler. Freezer also has only one side for assembly on AM3+, fan flow is from down to up (so if you don't have fans on top side of case, you will have worse airflow), Fera 2 has one assembly side too, but from right to left, and you can add one more fan to it (as I have on photos). Temperatures are the same, Freezer has a thermal compound applied from a factory (MX-4 I think), Fera has one included (but I used AC MX-2, then their Pactum). Here in the Czech Republic was prices moreless the same, but Fera 2 has better quality/price ratio.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  jakeshi

Added some better photos as attachment.

warpfact0r10

Nice! Looks like you have a bit of spaghetti going on there... lord knows I've had that going on in some of my previous PC's. Non-modular power supplies can make it difficult. It does look like the Zalman Z3 motherboard tray had some room for cable management behind it, so I bet you could improve airflow/aesthetics a bit with a little time/patience.

jakeshi

If anyone want some photos from unpacking SilentiumPC Fera2 CPU cooler, I have uploaded them on OneDrive:

http://1drv.ms/1xGe6sg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          adju

That´s a very cool looking cooler. Thank you very much. Now I just need to try to make a decision between Cryorig, Noctua and SilentiumPC... sigh... I´m lousy at making this sort of decisions. -.-

jakeshi

I don't like making desicions, so I find a few candidates in some price interval and then I check quality/price ratio, but sometimes I take the most cheap candidate and if I am not satisfied I return it to seller in 14days interval (this is super here in Czech Republic).

Last week I was looking for a relatively good headset with reasonable price. Then I tried Zalman ZM-HPS300 headset, price was about 12€, and I was surprised! The sound is very good for that price. I can recommend it.