AnsweredAssumed Answered

atidvcr.dll and atixcode.dll not registered after installing K-Lite Codec Mega Pack

Question asked by amdheaven on Sep 19, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 by xfxsupport

While installing K-Lite Codec Mega Pack it discovered errors in the registry and asked to correct them.  Like a fool I allowed it, and Wondershare Video Converter has failed ever since.

Upon attempting to repair the ATI Parental Control & Encoder drivers necessary to get Wondershare to work with my XFX HD6850 Crossfire rig pushing an AMD FX8120 and 16 gigs of ram on Win 10, it generates the following messages

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ATI Technologies\Mulitmedia\atidvcr.dll failed to register.  HRESULT-2147220473

Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ATI Technologies\Mulitmedia\atixcode.dll failed to register.  HRESULT-2147220473

Contact Your support personnel.

These error messages do NOT google

The three drivers necessary to get Wondershare to enable GPU acceleration with the latest AMD CC are,

6-6_encoder_33678.exe

9-14_mmc_enu.exe

9-14_mmc_uci.exe

AMD CC has been unistalled along with all known AMD software along with the ATI Parental Control & Encoder

Wondershare Video Converter Pro has been unistalled and reinstalled

Still Wondershare Video Converter starts normally and then fails after a brief moment during "Waiting" after the Convert button is actuated, turns orange with the word CANCEL and then fails.

System restore was used in an attempt to return it to a known good time a few days ago and still WS fails, and the attempt at repairing the ATI PC&E driver generates the same errors shown above.

So it seems Wondershare is working, but the ATI drivers have been relatively crippled by the K-Lite Codec Mega Pack version 11.4.0

Wondershare is stopping with or without GPU Accelerate Supported <checked>.

Ideas?

What fixed the error associated with AMD codec package 914(shown above), was attempting to install AMD Codec package 916.  If memory serves correctly it was the installation of the *.exe named "encoder" which fixed this flaw, and the others named "mmc" generated  an error stating the software did not support this hardware.

It seems to be worth the effort as my 8 core processor and Crossfire enabled pair of 1000 stream processor Graphics cards will encode over a gigabyte every 15 minutes, vs. 2+ hours for a dual core with embedded graphics.

However, if I had it all to do over again, I wouldn't buy special dedicated Video Converting Software, since my COREL Video Studio X8 Pro came with Paintshop Pro X8 and COREL supports ALL of the latest Graphics Cards singly or in combination from AMD and NVidia(with similar or better converting time), without the drama of installing special Codecs.  So check the hardware compatibility lists and/or call Sales before buying any of this dedicated Video Converting software because the differences are not evident in the reviews, because they rarely mention the hardware they are conducted on.  I never would have guessed that Adobe Photoshop required special hardware configurations to even allow multiple graphics cards to be connected while Photoshop ran, never mind actually supporting their functionality?

Outcomes