9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2017 3:02 AM by giantslor

windows 10 stretched resolution (CS:GO specifically)

anderson4584

Hello,

I upgraded to windows 10 recently from Windows 7.  Since then, I haven't been able to play CS:GO in a 4:3 Stretched resolution.  It forces black bars on my screen.  I know how to adjust this in AMD driver settings.  It simply does not work in Windows 10 when playing games.  At least, not CS:GO.  It DOES work for my desktop, if I lower my desktops' resolution.  However, even when I do this, it still maintains aspect ratio in game.  I have googled like crazy trying to find a solution, but the only solution I have been able to find so far, is an "older" solution that requires AMD Catalyst 15.6 beta driver, which I can not find to download any more.  I am currently using the 15.8 beta driver.  My question is, does anyone have a solution to this? Or, do I really have to revert back to windows 7 just to play CS:GO how I like to play?  I'd really rather not revert.  Especially, if AMD is actually working on their drivers to fix this problem.  But, if it's something they're not going to bother with, I just want to know so that I can go ahead and revert.  Thank you for your time!

My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080 (native) and the resolution I am trying to play CS:GO at is 1024 x 768 / 1280 x 960.

I don't feel that listing any more of my specs should be relevant but I can add anything that may be a potential factor.

AMD Phenom II X6 2055T 

16GB DDR3 G.Skill Sniper

Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 990FX

HD 7850 XFX Core Edition

Acer GN246HL 24" 1ms 144Hz (1920x1080 native)