4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 4:25 PM by geercom

AMD A10-7700K chip performance lags

geercom

I have the an HP Envy running AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7 10 Computer Cores 4C 6G 3.40 GHz with Windows 8.1. RAM and HDD space are plentiful and not the source of performance issues. If I have Malwarebytes Premium and Rainlendar 2 running and Chrome, Windows Live Mail 2012, and Word 2010 open and doing nothing, CPU utilization still gravitates to as much as 53%. If I shut down Malwarebytes and Rainlendar 2 (a reminder program), utilization in the same scenario goes down to 31%. But if in that same scenario I simply click on and open an Internet shortcut to any website in Chrome, utilization jumps to 100% and I get the little blue circle that it's working on it for up to 2-3 seconds before it opens the web page. I am used to much better performance with other systems I have used. I already have changed the performance settings under Advanced so that it is totally for performance. I want to implement the most effective measures that I can to cut this lag back as much as possible. What are your best tips given my scenario?

• Re: AMD A10-7700K chip performance lags
          amdmatt

Have you tried clearing your cookies and browser history?

Make a system restore point on your computer, then download CCleaner.

Install it, run it and click 'Run Cleaner' and see if that solves the issue.

Untitled.jpg

If that does not work please try going to Chrome Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Change Proxy Settings > LAN Settings > Untick Automatically Detect Settings.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

geercom

Thank you, Matt. I routinely use CCleaner and though I did the proxy setting change, it had no effect. Do you have some system tuning steps to tax the CPU less or to enable the CPU to perform better?

amdmatt

Okay, thanks for trying that.

Can you press Alt + Ctrl + Delete and bring up the task manager to show us what processes are using a lot of CPU cycles? To be honest I'm not entirely sure what could be causing this.

geercom

Malwarebytes antimalware sometimes uses 20-30%, Rainlendar same. But even if I turn these off and everything else is zero just opening a web link with Chrome does it or really anything I open like an email, hte email program, anything and it goes to 100% and takes several seconds to process. Typing stuff in fields is very slow and it takes much longer for hte system to add the characters and keep moving in the field than it does even to open a web page.