60 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 3:13 PM by eazydozer

AMD Red Team Swag

warpfact0r10

I'd love to see a limited run (perhaps twice annually?) T-shirt design using AMD's Cores/Ruby/other characters. Maybe some could be done in conjunction with games AMD is partnered with. Perhaps we could start with AMD's internal design and then open up the designs to the community. We could then vote on the designs and be able to pick from the top two. Understanding decent T-shirts aren't necessarily cheap, would you be interested in this sort of idea?

• Re: AMD Red Team Swag
          duramax08

That would be pretty neat. Last year at PAX South, a coworker wore his AMD30LIVE tshirt. We walked into the Intel booth and was watching a guy doing a live stream on twitch. When my buddy started talking to the streamer, everyone in chat went crazy lol. They were wondering why the chat was going crazy till the noticed his tshirt which he forgot he was wearing! Fun times.  I'd love to get some AMD swag in time for PAX South (which happened to start selling tickets today)!

gakagammy

AMD swag... I need some

blazek

Where can I purchase an AMD Red Team swag package?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                benman2785

i usually try to get some swag from conventions like IFA or Gamescon

tindeath

+1 This is an awesome idea!

chosenofthor

Very awesome idea! I can always use more shirts! I'd also love to have a couple AMD Core/Ruby posters to put up in my nerd cave

cavemanthe0ne

Perhaps AMD (or whoever) can use the service Teksyndicate, Paulshardware, and Kyle from Awesomesauce Network (among a few others) are using for their shirts & swag... I forget what exactly the one they are using is called but I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find out. (AMD could probably have a RTP member set it up or something...)

warpfact0r10

Good suggestion! And, now that you mention it, the swag could also be used as prizes for events like the VLAN, Twitch AMD channel contests, and giveaways from reviewers you mention.

cavemanthe0ne

Yeah, that would be awesome! Just think- AMD shirts, sweaters, mugs, cups, mousepads even... ALL the swag Oh and could use the swag for giveaways, like you mentioned- and for example an AMD Red Team giveaway- this could be a different swag item each week- similar idea to the Monthly giveaway with a "big" item, it could be a giveaway with a "small" item more often.

And then AMD could have more visibility @ tech events, with more fans wearing cool swag!

:-D

warpfact0r10

Precisely! And then perhaps tie in additional contests for posting selfies while wearing said swag on social media from various events. Perhaps the events where the competition has a sizable presence. Mmmm... guerrilla marketing. PAX comes to mind.

cavemanthe0ne

Now this sounds good! If only we can convince AMD to go along with it :-D Marketing, its useful - not to mention usually its also fun if done well! PAX, Quakecon, GDC, on and on... All the events

But now to research a bit & find out how to set it up... (I'll see what I can dig up and come back later with more info!)

warpfact0r10

i wonder if sam.tehrani has seen this thread and what his thoughts are on it.

cavemanthe0ne

Well, my research into what supplier/company/person above mentioned people are using has so far been unfruitful I did check out Teespring though,  it could work if someone who is decent at graphics design does the shirt (I'm not great at that so...)

But i agree warpfact0r10 would be nice to see if  sam.tehrani would like this, or could ( maybe?) contact teksyndicate and see how they are doing swag items...

warpfact0r10

Perhaps it is time to call upon the design skills of the community cavemanthe0ne...

All you talented art types out there... let's see your stuff!    

erin.maiorino

I'm not sure if Sam has seen this thread, but I have (and that's good...right?!).

I love the enthusiasm and ideas for AMD Red Team shirts. Let me take this idea back to the team and see what we can do. Due to other projects, I can't guarantee that we will be able to move forward with this endeavor, but your ideas/feedback are greatly appreciated and we are always watching the posts.

Remember, you can always pick up some AMD gear on our eStore: Home Page - Advanced Micro Devices Online eStore!

7 of 7 people found this helpful
                                              warpfact0r10

Thank you erin.maiorino- It is absolutely good that you have seen it! Sam was just the first to come to mind from his activity on Twitter and in Battlefield.

The offerings in the AMD eStore are somewhat meager and that is part of what prompted this thread. I understand you all have lots of demands so let us know what we all can do to help make it happen.

cavemanthe0ne

I checked out the AMD estore- looks pretty good- mostly (except for the backpacks and water bottles) the estore seems to be less centered on Gaming (or Red Team styled stuff) which is logical enough. Perhaps there could be a red team portion of the e-store, focusing on gaming/overclocking and cool swag...

Minor note: If you made an AMD branded thermos, I bet a few extreme overclockers who use LN2 might want one ( as well as the public)

(Side note: I mostly mentioned Sam  since he is the most visibly active here, nice to see some others as well erin.maiorino ,thanks also!)

kudos to warpfact0r10 too!

millerlongbow

1398983350.png
                                            You're a genius!

!rate

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                              abhishek_myth

Interesting ! well can be more !

1337cammy

Is there any shop in europe which is supporting AMD "merchandise"?

I am searching since weaks now and didn't even find at least one.

erin.maiorino

From my understanding the AMD eStore is currently available to those in the US/Canada. In my meeting earlier this week about providing the eStore with Red Team gear this issue was brought up and we are looking into the logistics of making the items available internationally.

ebonclaw

I joined this forum for two reasons.

To give feedback and thanks to AMD for the CPUs and GPUs I've used since the k6 and post-voodoo card era.  (Thanks!  I love AMD hardware, go team red!)

And to try and find some AMD swag with Ruby on it to rock at work as an IT guy.

For every day that I am not able to purchase said shirt, I will raise the vcore on my FX 8370 by .03v until my demands are met.  The only downside is that AMD hardware overclocks so well I might be waiting a week or two before people start getting worried about the CPU and take me seriously.

cavemanthe0ne

I like your style! ... hopefully your CPU won't die by the time shirts/swag show up to buy xD

arcticwind

Please, Please think about the ramifications of your actions!

Routers will fail!

Servers will crash!

Crops will fail!

Economies will crumble!

And, and, and,...   What about the children!!!!

ebonclaw

"Day #5.  Morale is low, though I'm still clinging to hopes that rescue will come in time for my CPU.  The natives have accepted me as one of their own, but I remain ever vigilant, continuing my search for the elusive Ruby T-shirt.  While its existence cannot be confirmed at this time, I swear I've seen it in feverish dreams and I know if I can just....find...the right search terms......

I vow to redouble my efforts, to find the elusive siren before my beloved 8370 succumbs to being pressed beyond limits that have sent other, lesser CPUs to shuffle off this mortal coil.  She will be mine, and I, hers, else I perish in this vast wasteland that is soon to be Fallout 4."

-Diary excerpt from AMD-Donner party, found in unnamed file in recycle bin

cavemanthe0ne

ebonclaw wrote:

"Day #5.  Morale is low, though I'm still clinging to hopes that rescue will come in time for my CPU.  The natives have accepted me as one of their own, but I remain ever vigilant, continuing my search for the elusive Ruby T-shirt.  While its existence cannot be confirmed at this time, I swear I've seen it in feverish dreams and I know if I can just....find...the right search terms......

I vow to redouble my efforts, to find the elusive siren before my beloved 8370 succumbs to being pressed beyond limits that have sent other, lesser CPUs to shuffle off this mortal coil.  She will be mine, and I, hers, else I perish in this vast wasteland that is soon to be Fallout 4."

This is just too good! ROFL !

ebonclaw

"Day #6.

A speck of hope glimmers in the distance.  There are rumors among the chieftens and priestesses of the tribe that they've seen Her; the Maiden in Red with the crimson hair.  Perhaps they're hallucinations from their tribal rituals meant to conjure Her.  Perhaps the rituals actually DO conjure Her.  Perhaps the more we seek Her, the more real She becomes.  We'll find out soon enough.

The night terrors have been more frequent.  Fear and hunger begin to give way to desperation as I eye some of the other systems and their cooling setups in the rig showcase part of the encampment.  Their CPU coolers begin to look better than my system's cooler by the minute, even though I know that in some cases they're not.  My mouth waters at some of the custom loops in the younger, more robust systems.

Still, as my temperatures climb from another vcore increase, I can't help but mull every possible option for survival in my head.  EVERY possible option.  No.....I don't have to resort to the unthinkable.....yet.  I'll do what it takes to ensure the survival of my 8370.....even if it means cannibalizing another......but I haven't reached that point yet.  Still, I steel myself in preparation should necessity prevail over my own humanity.

I clutch the screwdriver to my chest.  "If it comes to that, I need to make sure it's over quick, with no struggle.....I'll take the cooler and let the other survivors divide the case fans..."  I feel in my pocket, finding a tube of Arctic Nano compound, taking comfort in knowing that if I have to do the unthinkable, I'm fully prepared.  It'll take at most an hour, depending on the mounting bracket used.....

The other natives of the RED tribe are also restless.  I can't help but worry that some of the ones with stock coolers are looking at my system, clutching their own screwdrivers, waiting for me to close my eyes and sleep as the Mountain Dew elixirs begin to run dry.  Paranoia is beginning to take hold........

We must wait for help.  We must wait for Ruby.  At all costs.

arcticwind

I think we need to have the "Geek Squad" on standby should the unthinkable happen...

ebonclaw

Day #7.  It's been a week now since the AMD-Donner party set out on our expedition.  The landscape is unforgiving and supplies are nearly exhausted.

Too weak to travel from our base camp, we can only wait for the inevitable, though another party member has suggested seeking out the forsaken tribe, the "Geek Squad" and joining forces.  I think his sanity is slipping, or else he's planning something.  They'd only be a further drain on our resources- most of them are worthless and the few that aren't are too handicapped by their masters to be of any real use- unless he's planning on luring them in and using them AS resources.  Sick.  Still, I can't fault him for it, the survival instinct in him is no different than the rest of us........though perhaps stronger if he's willing to plot something like that.  If it is a scheme, it's a clever one, I'll give him that.  Surely they'd never notice the absence of one or two agents.....perhaps it's not as depraved as I thought.

Besides, if that's the case, at least his instincts didn't involve consuming our own.  I hear some of the Geek Squad goons pray to the succubi of the green tribe, Dusk and Dawn.  Harpies.  There is no hope for those entranced by their guile.  DirectX 12 will be their downfall if the banshee cries of coil whine don't drive them to madness first.  Ruby shall bring her judgment and Fury and bathe them in Crimson, and they shall be offered up as sacrifices in Her honor.

Something has to happen soon.  The chieftens and priestesses of the tribe know why we're here.  We hear them doing ritual chants every day to the Great Gods for Ruby to appear to us and take us into her loving embrace.  One thing is for certain, the inevitable approaches.

For some, the inevitable is death; for me, it's Her.  She has to come, the prophecies have to be fulfilled, we can't all perish out here for no reason.   Not all of us have to perish at once though.  The stronger members can prolong their survival by devouring the weak before their components inevitably fail anyway.  But maybe it won't come to that, if ArcticWind's plan works..................

arcticwind

Sir,

I beg for your forgiveness.  My suggestion was only meant to be a resource to further your quest.

I was not aware of the ineptitude of this forsaken tribe, for I have never sought out the assistance of the "squad" myself.

I too am a traveler and seeker of the truly unknown knowledge and beauty of the fabled and mysterious "RUBY"!!

Although, I am current destined to walk the silicone path alone, I wish for you're journey to be a success, one worthy of the great hardships and remembrance of you're travels!

I shall pray for the success of your endeavors!

(In all seriousness though.  I really hope that you are using that imagination of yours to the fullest benefit of it's greatness!. And not lost to some lowly profession.) 

ebonclaw

Haha.  I'm actually having a great deal of fun with this.  Unfortunately, I can't pay my taxes with imagination, so I work in IT, which still offers the ability to be creative in providing solutions to clients.  To be fair, these posts are loosely based on the lore of the Donner party with some nods to Melesandre in GoT, weaving in keywords and nods to various AMD/Nvidia elements (I like slipping these in so that it still reads smoothly to the unitiated, but people familiar with the industry and the terms get rewarded more when they read them inline), so it's not really drawn from pure imagination. You guys seem to be enjoying it and it keeps the Swag post bumped, so I guess I'll keep doing it since right now I've fixed everything that's broken at work and don't have anything else to do till it's time to switch backup tapes. I'm hoping that if it's entertaining enough, someone high enough up the food chain to make our goals happen will get this passed onto them and dig it.  I've already had some measure of success in that regard actually. 

warpfact0r10

To me, it really isn't a question of if it should be done, but why hasn't this sort of program already been in place for years? Positive mind-share is critical for brand strength. Millions of people are gaming on AMD hardware with XBox 360s (GPU), PS4s, XBox One, Wii (GPU), and Wii U (GPU). Do they know this? Most likely they don't. Would they if they had an offer for a special AMD/(X console) T-shirt? Lots of missed opportunities here, IMO. I'm still ready to assist in whatever way to get this going.

arcticwind

The man makes a valid point here!!

ebonclaw

What's interesting is the opportunity here.  Google image "AMD gaming t-shirt".  A handful of shirts featuring the same design that's honestly not a whole lot better than the usual corporate merchandising and aren't available for purchase anyway.  Ok.  Now try "Intel Gaming T-shirt."  Nothing too exciting there either.  Ok, now try "nvidia gaming t-shirt." These guys are starting to get it.  There are some flashier, more aggressive designs.  Even to someone who has no idea what a video card is,some of these designs are at the least flashy and stylish.  Shirts have been distributed at PAX in the past, design contests held with giveaways, hoodies, and more.

While I'm not advocating giving away a free t-shirt with every AMD CPU or GPU sold, it would be a boon for AMD to increase their visibility among their fans that also happen to be representatives of technical prowess- sysadmins, IT people, sales and retail partners, tech support.....the people that normal people look to for computing guidance, knowledge, and repair should be able to represent their hardware choices in more ways than the traditional corporate logo on a polo shirt.  We need clothes for other things too- hoodies for cold weather, t-shirts for casual wear, jerseys when we venture into the wasteland known as "outside."

I have enough stupid polo shirts for "professional" settings or whatever.  Sure, I'd wear one if it was given to me, but I don't need another boring polo with a submissive, professional logo.  However, I LOVE my passions; one of them being gaming and I would happily pay for a shirt that reflects that passion in a stylish manner.  Furthermore, I want other gamers to see my shirt, people I might never know were PC gamers till they tell me what an awesome shirt I've got and "where can I get one I've also got an AMD system and I wanna tell you about it and ask your opinion on watercooling and what kind of setup do you have and......"

There is a gap from CPU manufacturers to their end users that having merchandise like this can fulfill.  This gap isn't as strong in the IT world, where we know which of our co-workers we play games with and the hardware they run, and polo shirts don't tell us much we don't already know, but when we leave our work on Friday and we're selecting what to wear on our weekend vacation, I want to have at least one sick Ruby shirt to choose to pack.

Here on these forums, I know we all use AMD hardware on some level.  I don't need a t-shirt to tell you guys that or know that about you.  The community outreach managers here are here because we provide a valuable feedback tool that helps bridge a gap of understanding between what users like about a company and what they should be looking to improve upon.  They're here to listen to our feedback and give us a tangible, human entity that rewards us for being engaged with the company that powers our hobbies and livlihoods.  However, what good is all of this if the community stays contained to the members it already has, that it's already convinced to go Red?  We're preaching to the choir and patting each other on the back instead of striking up discussions with people outside this community.  That's the kind of advertising for a community that rocking a sweet, stylish t-shirt brings.

Lastly, it's important to remember that it's one thing if no one is doing stuff like this, but it's a whole different ball game if ONE company is doing stuff like this and you're not.  Your absence of presence is noted.....if I go to a LAN party and people are rocking Nvidia shirts and Intel is there giving out so much as free stickers, I'm going to wonder where my AMD crew is.  I don't just want any shirt, I want to be the one at the LAN party rocking the most awesome shirt.  Don't leave me heading to the LAN party in a black polo shirt with a tiny little logo on it.  And if at the LAN parties you go to, no one's wearing any team shirts from anyone?  Guess what AMD, you'll be the only ones there representing and I'd say that's a pretty good place to be.

AMD makes 8 core CPUs running at breakneck speeds and the best video cards on the market.  They've got the best support for the latest in directx technology.  Every strand of hair on a character's head is rendered with Tress.......

Surely we can figure out how to make and distribute some t-shirts. 

cavemanthe0ne

ebonclaw This is AWESOME! Thank you for that, very well said & thought out! I couldn't agree with you more! Especially the part about the lan parties... (Quakecon I had in mind in particular- Nvidia branding (and somewhat less so Intel branding) is EVERYWHERE ... and other than the occassional RTP member or random posters, no AMD ... and its in Dallas Texas ) The epicness would off the charts if AMD was at more events in a big way & having awesome swag would be one great way to do it! (as ebonclaw has stated, " I want to be the one at the LAN party rocking the most awesome shirt" )

... Also, I had an idea of setting up an AMD/Radeon Lan Party and/or Charity streams- Community outreach and publicity, as well as some of the other above stated reasons. Good idea maybe?

esmea

In the time that I worked as a system builder/repair tech for a small parts shop in the mid 2000s, I had swag coming out of my ears from EVGA, Microsoft (Vista's release brought LOTS with it), and a few others... most of it was junk, but I did manage to score an AMD embroidered button-up during a company Christmas party =D. I also saved a couple of AMD64 promo playing card decks.

WP_20151222_001.jpg

Those were the good ol' days (and also when AMD still had fabs and money to throw around). *sigh*

Perhaps I need to arrange a visit to Santa Clara >.>

arcticwind

Sir,

I beg of you, you must continue on this quest!  For the outcome of your endeavor will be of great benefit to all of mankind! 

ebonclaw

Day #8.

In my darkest hour, I find the brightest light.  I see it in the distance, the pale red glow piercing the shadows.  A priestess appears bathed in the warm, red light, approaches, and touches my cheek.  Her hair is a light auburn color, its curly locks drape her shoulders and spill upon her black cloak in splendid contrast.  Am I dead?  Dreaming?  She tilts my head gently. 

"Cry no more child, She is coming."

The priestess fades back into the shadows, the apparition vanishes, and I sit alone again in the dark.  Was it a dream?  Or something more real?  Does it even matter?  I find my hope renewed, and with it, a bit of strength to carry on a bit farther. 

Despite the desperation that surrounds me, I've found a moment of Zen amidst the rest of the tribe.  The cold wind of the Arctic Islands sweeps through the encampment.  We're still a long ways off, but it provides temporary respite for the 8370 that glows as red as the dying embers of campfire. 

I head out alone in search of more wood, the priestess' voice still echoing in my head.  Over the next several hours I bring back more and more wood.

A passerby cries out to me, asking what we should possibly do with so much timber, his voice quivering with weakness and hunger.

"Why, build a bonfire of course" I reply.

"And why would we do that?"

"For the celebration, brother" I reply, heading back for more wood.  "For the celebration."

ebonclaw

Day #11

It was cold again last night, the Arctic Winds howled through the woods as I stumbled blindly across the blasted landscape.  I'd wandered a bit too far from the tribe as the sun went down and the wilderness took over, and in my haste to gather wood, I'd lost my bearings. My steps became heavier as I stumbled, desperately, through the forest, the howls of the wolves mixing freely with the howls of the wind.  Each time I fell, it became more and more difficult to pick myself up until finally, my body gave out and I felt the snapping of twigs and the rustle of leaves as I hit the forest floor a final time. 

No......it can't end here.  Not like this.  Not like this. 

Was the priestess a hallucination after all?  Perhaps a conjured spirit from across the Ivy Bridge meant to ensnare me? 

"Fate is a cruel mistress" is my last conscious thought as I slip into a final, blissful sleep.

As the last warm breaths escape my lungs, the sky breaks open above me, a great red rift opening amongst the stars.  The inevitability of my demise is not lost on me, and all I can do is wait and watch to see what new visions my mind is to grant me in my final moments.  The coldness in my body leaves and I feel warmed.  My hunger pangs are no longer as sharp, and I can think clearly again.  The tear of Crimson has split the stars in twain now, and the moon has turned blood red.  I can hear my pulse as it slows.

"Yes, this must be what it's like to die."

As the world rends itself apart, I find the forest is suddenly gone and I am transported to a great hallway.  Stained glass cathedral windows line the walls of the structure I find myself in, the heavens restored as astral light shines through them. I'm laying now on marble tile, stained burgundy and inset with lines of silver filigree lay before me, cool to the touch.  I find myself at the gates of eternity, and no longer alone.  The priestess stands before me.

"Rise child, and be afraid no longer, your time is not here yet."

I prepare myself for the great struggle that is standing, only to find that it comes much more easily now, my vigor renewed.

My lips try to form words, but none escape.

"Your loyalty has been noticed by the Gods, child.  Steel thyself, for thy mortal trials are not yet at an end." 

"I....don't understand."

"You have been chosen by Faith to carry Her with you.  You shall be sent forth as a beacon, to show others her way.  Share with the Tribe your story and bring the hope to all that one day, they too will achieve Zen if they only seek it with their hearts as you have.  Depart from this place and go in peace, may you ever walk in Crimson."

I want to stay.....even though I have no idea where I am, and I want to ask the Priestess so many things, but before I can, I hear the toll of a great bell.  It resonates first in my ears, and then throughout my body, and then it begins coming from my body.  I close my eyes as the sensation overtakes me and grows louder and louder and then suddenly, stops.

When I open my eyes again, I find myself at the edge of the encampment, the rest of the Tribe staring at me. 

As I emerge from the woods back into the encampment, one of the tribe steps forward.

"We.....saw a light....in the forest....." 

He stops mid-sentence and gasps.  Suddenly, a great cheer goes up throughout the encampment.

I'm still dazed from my encounter as I realize I have not left the woods in the same way I entered it. She has come with me. 

ynB2vK3.jpg

TL:DR  FedEx dropped off this for me yesterday, along with a sweet AMD beanie that it's not quite cold enough to wear yet.  I 'll give you guys a guess as to what I was wearing when I booted up Fallout 4 for the first time though.  Yesterday was a good day!

Special thanks to Erin and Sam for being big fans of their fans.  I'm so happy I can return my 8370 to (almost stock) voltage now. 

neon

I'd like to see transparent vinyl stickers that look good on a case window. I've several rigs that could use a bit of decoration.

derrickgott007

I would love to rock some #amdredteam gear whil I stream. Maybe some #AMD posters to go behind me on the wall in camera view,  backdrop over my IronMan collection.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

rqs-devine

I love my new Ryzen shirt from the last VLAN. I hope there is a new VLAN being planned and it would be Awesome if New Shirt Designs where released before each one. I wear my AMD Swag with Pride. Still so sad that last Novembers VLAN the shirt that came was to small for me to wear but I cherish it. I crammed myself into it once just long enough for a pic with my PC fortunately no one has to see my bare midriff LOL. #betterred #AMDhype

warpfact0r10

Really glad we've finally seen something materialize on this front! Hope it won't remain as stagnant as the old AMD merch store.
                                                                                              Amd Fan Store

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                                                                eazydozer

As someone using their AMD beanie this winter, I would love more swag.