1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 6:18 AM by dantalion

Bad performance due to bottleneck with many games

dantalion

Hello,

I ran into some trouble playing specific games with my Hardware recently.

For some reason some games do not use my Hardware to it's full potential.

One severe example is the game "The Forest", developed by Endnight Games Ltd.

The frame rate is very slow, even on lowest settings it only reaches about 20 fps.

My system exceeds even the recommended requirements. But while playing the game my GPU activity is only about 30%. The Processor and RAM about 40%.

I tested this on different Operating Systems, newest drivers are installed.

I also over clocked my Hardware for further testing. The Frame Rate stayed the same. The only change was that even less of my Hardwares full power was used (Usage dropped by a few per cent).

I suspect that especially "The Forest" is far from being optimized for AMD Products (they also only tell requirements using Nvidia and Intel products).

I also wrote their support, but they did not come up with anything helpful at all.

I only got their statement: "The game should run fine with your specs".

But it doesn't. Not at all. And it is a problem that I have, less severe with many more games, but not all. Some games with similar requirements use my Hardware up to 80%, but run smoothly and just beautiful.

Any suggestions to handle that problem?

Thank you for your help!

Tested with:

MB: ASRock 890GX Extreme 3

CPU: AMD FX-4170 Quad Core Processor

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM

GC: XFX ATI Radeon HD6950 2GB GDDR5 RAM