AnsweredAssumed Answered

1 x 4k  monitor and 2x 1080p monitors eyefinity setup

Question asked by patwo911 on Sep 14, 2015

Hi there,

I have looked a lot online and found a lot of info about mixed resolutions on mixed monitors , especially about gaming and this link Mixed resolution Eyefinity  explains it a lot for gaming on a PC ...

My question is HOW ABOUT WINDOWS DESKTOP 3 Mixed Monitors mixed setup  .....  [ 1080p]   [ 4K ]   [1080p] Like this ... I replace my middle monitor for a 4K ...

At the moment I have 3 x 24" 1920x1200 DELL monitors , making it a desktop of 6048x1200 on extra bezel compensation. I am running brand new  FURY X since beginning of July  , with 3 times displayport output for the 3 monitors. This all works very well on DESKTOP programs and also on gaming ....

My QUESTION ... I want to upgrade the CENTER monitor to 4K  as I do a lot of graphics editing and modeling, so I would love to use the 4K resolution of the middle screen and , use the 2 outside monitors on the native resolution of 1920x1200 ... I saw all the graphic monitor setups on the link above....

If I use a 24" 4K Monitor my screens would be the same size ... but I want to use 4 K on the middle one .. is that possible ?!   ( talking about DESKTOP ) ... like CAD programs on the 4K , the 2 sides for reference pics of files.

What If my 4K monitor would be 28 " ... would that be a problem .. for gaming I understand the pics ... the 3 screens would all go to 1920x1200 I guess or .. 1080p to make up ONE big screen over all the 3 monitors and leave probably a part of the 28" black at the top ... no problem for gaming ... but HOW ABOUT THE DESKTOP .... 3dxmax on 4K ... photoshop on left and ref pic on the right .. !?.. Possible !?

or do I get the same as the pic with the middle monitor being Bigger and 4K .. so the 2 side monitors will be missing some part of the DESKTOP on the top ...

Best of course is to upgrade to 3 x 4K but as prices are dropping fast... I want to start with 1 ...

I hope someone can shed some light on this mind breaker ... as so much information online .. but I could never find this for the Windows Desktop solution

Thanx and Regards... Patwo

Outcomes