2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2015 3:32 AM by cherryvendor

Primary Display Resolution Changes When Disabling Second Display

cherryvendor

Hi,

I recently started having a problem; when I disable the extended display my primary display changes its resolution to that of the second (extended) display!

My primary display resolution is 1360 x 768 connected by HDMI cable, and my second display is 1024 x 768 connected by DVI. Both are the recommended settings for the screens.

Both Catalyst & Windows recognise my Primary display as the 'primary display'.

This problem only started recently (previous 2 weeks, max) but no hardware has changed & I have not upgraded software in that time.

Catalyst version 15.7.1

I have had a quick look around forums but can't see this specific problem anywhere. I tried some other suggested solution for similar problems but everything seems fine with my screens/drivers/windows/connections

Just to clarify, I can start my computer with just my Primary display OR both displays and the resolution is right for both screens, but if I disable display for my second screen then my Main display changes to 1024 x 768 (which is the second screens setting). I then have to right-click on desktop and change the screen resolution back to 1360 x768, which is still the recommended setting

Not a big deal, but it is annoying

Any ideas?  

Thanks