AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD graphics error message and conflict Windows 10

Question asked by johnbarry on Sep 13, 2015

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series - Windows 10 64bit

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series – Windows 10 64bit

Since upgrading to Windows 10, once I am on the desktop I get a message

No AMD Graphics driver installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your hardware.

I searched AMD for the correct drivers and installed it (AMD Catalyst for Windows 10 64bit)

The message still shows, I have asked on Microsoft Community Forum and been given a few sufggestions, neither have worked. On another forum it was suggested I completely uninstall the drivers using Driver Display Uninstall.

I used Display Driver Uninstall in safe mode to uninstall the AMD driver, after reboot the message had gone. In device manager it showed as

Microsoft Display Adapter (was AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series)

and Microsoft Display Adapter (was ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series) and had a conflict.

I installed the AMD catalyst driver for Windows 10 after this the conflict had gone from (Microsoft Display Adapter, now ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series with no conflict, the conflict is now in AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series and the message is back.

I downloaded AMD Catalyst for Windows 7 and uninstalled AMD Catalyst for windows 10.

I then installed AMD Catalyst for Windows 7 in compatibility mode, when it got to Installing AMD Catalyst Control Center, the install seemed to stop around 97%. If I go to cancel the install a message comes up Exit Install Yes-No I select no and the install is stuck on around 97% and Overall Progress 47%. It’s been over 1 hour and the install still hasn’t completed. The adverts in the Installing components window still keep changing.

Outcomes