12 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 2:52 AM by bigcee

Windows 10 seems to have murdered my ATI Radeon HD 3200

roefa

My screen is stretched horizontally... on MS Window community MANY (196 on one comment) others have same problem.

in my Device Manager for ATI Radeon
      HD 3200 Graphics  (Display
      adapters), dialogue box

says "Windows has stopped this
      device because it has reported problems (Code 43)"

[who is "it" - the driver?]

in Events: "Device
      PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9610&SUBSYS_01551025&REV_00\4&456635&0&2808
      requires further installation.

I'm no PC guru ... need help! Can I install a fix?  How?

• Re: Windows 10 seems to have murdered my ATI Radeon HD 3200
          dancer42

windows 10 is not compatible 8.1 is as high as you can go with current drivers

ray_m

Please refer to the following document for details on Windows 10 support. Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products     

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                roefa

Thanks, Ray !

I believe your answer is exactly correct... very disappointing, but correct. It really

angers me to have an expensive high-end computer just 5 years old with an obsolete

component.  I think AMD should make some arrangements for those of us who got

burned.  Otherwise I'll make some effort to avoid AMD products. I'll probably revert

Windows 7 for now.

PS: If you have any influence upon whoever designed this site page, ask them to fix the

annoying Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, g+, etc. junk on the left that's right where I want

to read or type. Or is that a product of my non-functioning HD 3200. This is a nightmare !

I

dancer42

there is not enough info to answer the question the hd 3200 is embedded so it is on the mobo

or it is a laptop. so is it a desktop or laptop with feacher slot both can be upgraded or is it a laptop

with little or no upgrade path.

asuming that this is a desktop with embedded VGA port chipset video this can be turned off or set to second

video in the bios with pci set as preferred the hd 3200 has only 40 streaming cores so if win 10 compatibility is all that is needed

then a low end hd 6000 card will work and be faster an hd6450 has 160 streaming processors 4 x as many as the hd3200

and can be had for 20 to 30 dollars on ebay or amazon.now this card is old also and just barely meats the dx 11 not 12 driver

standard for win 10.

roefa

Thanks, Dancer42 -

It's a Gateway Desktop... $1000.00 barely five years old.

While I'm electronically  and mechanically savvy, most of what you offer is WAY over my head.

With my luck, I'd buy some card (no matter how much it cost) that wouldn't work.

Unless there's a driver of some sort that can be downloaded, I'm not inclined to but new hardware.

I'm thinking at this time, my best option would be to return to Windows 7. All of my friends

who have accepted the Windows 10 "upgrade" are having serious problems. I was fine with

W95, 98, XP and 7 on my various computers. Windows 10 is a nightmare! I have two pages

of notes of complaints about stuff that is missing or doesn't work.

Thanks again for trying... I  DO  appreciate it !

Roger

dancer42

I fixed gateway computers over the phone for 5 years so if I have enough info I will do what I can to help.

win 10 like any other new os si going to be a little different than the ones that can before this is a lot osf the

problems your friends are having.I have been running the beta copies of win 10 for about 6 months and find

it less breakable than it predecessors.if you will bring your 2 pages of problem's here 1 at a time I and the others

here will do our  best to help you. you are among friends let us make the nightmare into the nicest of days.

and if the cost of a thirty dollar video card is the hurdle most of us have junk boxes to build from someone probably

has a card you can use.

roefa

With Windows 10 on my desktop PC for only 4 days and dealing with multiple problems (including the horizontally stretched screen that Microsoft attributed to AMD hardware), it didn't occur to me that the newly-downloaded OS could be out-of-date. It was!

I downloaded updates this morning and it cured THAT problem. There are still many others, but the AMD display "problem" seems to be corrected. I'm still getting some pixilation on fast-moving YouTube videos, but it's not severe. THANKS to all who offered suggestions and were so willing to help... greatly appreciated ! ! !

bigcee

Have you tried manually installing your windows 8.1 drivers through device manager?  post back here to let us know if it worked!

roefa

No. I had Windows 7, not 8.1,  But thanks for your response.

I believe the AMD card is obsolete... won't work on W 10.

If you think a driver would solve the problem, PLEASE let me know.

Microsoft disabled it on the installation of W 10.

roefa

With Windows 10 on my desktop PC for only 4 days and dealing with multiple problems (including the horizontally stretched screen that Microsoft attributed to AMD hardware), it didn't occur to me that the newly-downloaded OS could be out-of-date. It was!

I downloaded updates this morning and it cured THAT problem. There are still many others, but the AMD display "problem" seems to be corrected. I'm still getting some pixilation on fast-moving YouTube videos, but it's not severe. THANKS to all who offered suggestions and were so willing to help... greatly appreciated ! ! !

bigcee

Have you ever accessed Device Manager by opening up a File Explorer window, going to This PC, then in the menu bar clicking "Manage"?  There should be a list of devices recognized by your pc and probably the HD 3200 will show up with a yellow triangle by it,  or perhaps it will say video adapter or something like that.

If you right click that and say update driver, and then select a spot where your old Windows 7 driver is stored, it may be able to search that folder and find a suitable driver.  You can also manually select a driver from your old driver folder if you wish.  It's usually C:\AMD or c:\ATI or something like that.