5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 5:50 AM by dmitryk

FireRays IntersectionApi Create Exception

adams

Hi,

Since I need a fast ray interesction testing API I wanted to give FireRays a try, but I am stuck at api creation. I do it exactly like described in pdf that comes with SDK, but IntersectionApi::Create throws exception - 'Cannot read the contents of a File'. Do you know what might be the reason for this exception?

• Re: FireRays IntersectionApi Create Exception
          dmitryk

Hi adams,

Can you provide your system configuration? Can you also try the attached .dll instead of original one and report the result?

Thanks,

-Dmitry

adams

Thanks dmitryk,

right now I have different issue, I successfully created API for CPU device, for GPU I get 'Internal Error', both created with kOpenCl flag.

I have FX-8350 and R9 290 (I use 15.4 drivers instead of the newest ones).

dmitryk

I would recommend updating to the latest driver to make sure you have all recent fixes for OpenCL driver and runtime. Internal error most likely means kernel compilation issue for GPU . If updating the driver doesn't help I can provide you the version with logging enabled.

adams

I don't use driver version 15.7.1 because my OpenCL 2.0 application crashes while using it, clBuildProgram throws stack overflow exception, while under 15.4.1 it builds without problem (I am 100% sure it's due to one recursive function I have there).

Either way, with 15.7.1 driver the problem still exists, I still get 'Internal Error' when I select GPU device.

Also while calling IntersectBatch I get 'clEnqueueWriteBuffer failed' while using CPU device:

ray *rays = new ray[512 * 512];

for (int i = 0; i < 512; i++)

{

for (int j = 0; j < 512; j++)

{

rays[i * 512 + j] = getRay(i, j);

}

}

Intersection *isect = new Intersection[512 * 512];

try

{

api_->IntersectBatch(rays, 512 * 512, isect);