2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 4:30 AM by dgranson

WOW Crashes display driver

baron164

I am running an AMD FX 8350, 16gb ram, ATI R9 270x, Samsung SSD and whenever I try to play WOW the game will randomly crash the display driver. I have tried various AMD drivers from older 15.x version to the latest 15.8 beta and nothing has helped. WOW is also the only game where I am seeing this issue. Other games such as Far Cry 3 run fine with no issues. I've also been keeping an eye on the video card and the GPU temp doesn't go over 50 degrees. I have tried with Overdrive on and off and it doesn't matter. Has anyone else run into this issue and found a fix? I spoke with Blizzard support yesterday but they were no help.

• Re: WOW Crashes display driver
          dancer42

the old standby may apply here, is it plugged in is it turned on.

first turn off everything you can and still play does it still crash?

the simpler the problem the easier it is to diagnose.

go to program manager and turn everything off in startup except the antivirus and firewall

do not run anything in the background, check all fans to make sure dust has not clogged anything

and generally make the game the center of what is going on.

now see if the things that made it not run still happen and in what order.

these are good rules for troubleshooting anything.

the simpler you make the problem the easier it is to find a solution.

loss cards can cause strange problems and a number 2 pencil eraser can clean

dirty edge connectors.so good luck and let us know if you can figure out anything.

• Re: WOW Crashes display driver
            dgranson

Baron, I had issues with my set up with a 990fx chipset. the windows drivers that are installed during the upgrade are crap and are causing alot of issues. I think that you should try to uninstall you graphics driver and uninstall CCC. Always remember to do a reg cleanout after uninstalling drivers and driver software for trouble shooting purposes.

Then go to this link Chipset to get the latest chipset drivers from amd directly and install them.

After you have isntalled the latest chipset driver attempt to reinstall the amd 15.8 beta drivers.

Hope this helps you as it did help me with my issues and it is something that took me a decent amount of time to solve successfully.