AnsweredAssumed Answered

Black screen after Starting Windows screen (issue after installing drivers)

Question asked by horvat on Sep 9, 2015

I've checked basically everywhere in desperation and found only one answer which really doesn't help and that's why I decided to ask my question.

I have a new computer and it was working fine with new drivers until one day I just turned on pc and it was all blank after Starting Windows screen, so I found a solution where I can uninstall new drivers(15.7.1) and install the older version(13.12) which doesn't allow me to play newer games.

When I go to AMD Auto Detect utility it says I downloaded drivers, but it didn't do anything, it just goes to their website...(Picture update.png)

When I try to launch any game, it gives me error about DirectX 11 compatability.(Picture Error.png)

I remember pc coming with amd drivers that were outdated (I thought that I don't need them and threw it somewhere and can't find it because I thought I will be able to play normally with new drivers), but is it possible that those were tested and optimized for my gpu?

My PC:

GPU: PCI-E XFX AMD RADEON R9 380 DD, 2GB DDR5, DP, DL-DVI-D, HDMI

CPU: AMD FX 6300

MBO: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB

The cables are plugged and working, I tested everything with that too. With this problem I guess you will recommend replacing the card, but if there is solution, please post it.

Thank you!

Attachments

Outcomes