AnsweredAssumed Answered

Still not able to play any game after installing AMD drivers

Question asked by lostduckstar on Sep 8, 2015

So I posted before here and no one seemed to answer and I tried to do it myself. I cleaned all the AMD drivers doing that clean install with the guru3D driver uninstaller and downloaded a previous amd catalyst (omega 14.12). Installed it, and than used that windows pack to fix some issue that I read on blogs about a badware update (KB3004394).

So I installed the patch that is supposed to fix the issue anyway.

But I still have problems. There's not a single Steam game that isn't having loading issues. I'm now finishing installing my Adobe Suite softwares and I hope that I don't get any issues with those. But mostly my concern at the time is that the games are not loading at all.

For some quick backstory, I recently took my computer to a store to format it, because I was having issues with my Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk 3Ds Max not working properly. They didn't see any issue besides my HD being too full (now it's ok) and formated it.

Please help, I have no idea what to do.... I can keep reinstalling AMD drivers and doing that clean install, but am I missing something? DO I need to buy another video card? Thanks a lot in advance.

My system:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

Intel Quad Core 2.66 Ghz

ATI Radeon HD 5850 1Gb

Outcomes