2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 7:25 AM by anonymouse

Hardware acceleration: AMD Raytheon R7

anonymouse

I have an AMD Raytheon R7 graphics card in a Windows 8.1 64-bit desktop PC and I am experiencing problems with some graphics intensive software (specifically, Sketchup).

It has been suggested by experts in the software that one possible solution to my problems is to disable hardware acceleration. So what I need to know is, does this card support hardware acceleration? And if the card does support hardware acceleration, how do I toggle it between enable/disable?

I have been through the following process which I found on a Microsoft support forum:

Control Panel --> Display --> Change Display Settings (left column) --> Advanced Settings. If there is a Troubleshooting tab present then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.

So that would indicate that the AMD Raytheon R7 graphics card doesn't support hardware acceleration, but that is contrary to reports I've seen elsewhere.

I hope someone can provide a definitive answer so I can move on, as I have wasted a lot of time trying to get Sketchup to run on this machine, and a lot of the answers are coming back "graphics card".