AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple Display Issues.  What is actually supported.

Question asked by scottso111 on Sep 8, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 by black_zion

I'm trying to gain a better understanding with regards to determining the supported multiple monitor configurations on various AMD GPU cards.  We recently purchased a Dell T3610 Workstation with a single W5000 (1-DVI and 2-DP).  My intent was to drive three monitors, one 32" display on the DVI port using a DVI to HDMI cable and the other two 60" displays using DP to HDMI dongles and HDMI cables.  What a mess.  could only get two displays active at a time, and often one of them had a very dark almost black/white appearance.  We also recently had a Dell T5610 with a single W4100 and this was able to drive three 27" displays using native Display Port cables, never tried a forth monitor on the forth mini Display Port.  My question is, how can I gain an understanding with regards to how each of the various graphics card will react to different numbers of monitors and via different types of interfaces.  For example the W4100 says it can support up to six monitors(MST hub I suppose), yet in my configuration using HDMI, I could only drive two simultaneous displays. 

Is there documentation that explains how this all works and what adapter cards and/or multiple adapter cards I should be ordering to support my monitor configurations?

Thanks.

Outcomes