0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 9:19 AM by bobsofa

Multiple options missing in Catalyst Control Center, even after OS reinstall!

bobsofa

Sys specs:

CPU: Core i7-3635QM

RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz

GPU 0: HD 4000 graphics

GPU 1: AMD HD8870M

Laptop Screen: PLS 1920x1080

External Screen: LG 34UM95-P IPS 3440x1440, connected via HDMI

Hi all,

since I purchased my Samsung ATIV 8 notebook (870Z5E-X04DE, no touch panel) I've never been able to see all the usual options in CCC.

CCC.jpg

Especially the "My Digital Flatpanels" and the included scaling options are sorely missed. Until shortly, when I was still using a 16:9 screen (Samsung 2494HM), this was really something I could overlook. But since I've purchased a 21:9 Ultra-Wide (LG 34UM95-P), I can't ignore this issue any longer. The new screen doesn't seem to be the culprit, since this occurred already with the old one and there's no scaling/stretching in Windows when I lower the resolution.

Example (Mad Max):

2015-09-07_00001.jpg2015-09-07_00002.jpg

While the screenshots maintain the correct aspect ratio and resolution (1920x1440), the in-game depiction on my screen looks like this (sorry for bad quality, I just took this with my phone)

IMG_20150907_141607.jpg

As you can see, the resolution is stretched to panel size and, IMHO, looks quite horrible. The framerate tanks as well (~20 fps). But when I switch it to windowed mode and scale to the correct aspect ratio, it is easily playable (~50 fps). The mode the screen uses is 1:1.

I've tried so far:

-The proprietary Samsung drivers (latest version)

-Official AMD driver (via automatic and manual selection), multiple versions (14.4 to recent)

-Leshcat's Catalyst (12.x to recent)

All of these Driver installations were preceded by CCCleaner and DDU in safe mode. Even a OS reinstall and a new HDMI cable didn't help at all. Windows is up to date, no red flags in the device manager:

Device Manager.jpg

I've now been using ATI/AMD GPU hardware for nearly 25 years and never had an error this persistent/hard to diagnose. Has anybody a solution for this?

Thank you very much for your help.