AnsweredAssumed Answered

FURY X Crossfire Crashes or locks up Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7.

Question asked by louisojeda on Sep 6, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 by sleepysea

All drivers lock up and windows black screens or freezes for up to 6 minutes or locks up permanently requiring a reboot.

Single GPU setups work fine.

fury x only has 3 usable drivers.

manual driver install and install manager were tried with the same results.

Different PCIE slots with different cards were used and al lhave the same result.

Multiple issues are happening here.

boot up issues and boot up freeze or hang can be fixed bu disabling ULPS on both cards in all registry entries.

TDR error can also be bypassed with registry change but the underlying issue remains.

Other windows errors include the driver crashed and needs to be recovered, TDR failure, CCC has stopped working or crashed and needs to close,  the device was removed DX failure. the driver has bee restarted..etc.. all these issues point to a driver/CCC software fault.

My setup is as follows. I have tried on both Asus X99-A and Rampage V Extreme with the exact same results. I have 2 Fury X cards in Crossfire. 16GB G skill DDR4 3000, I7 5930K, Windows 10, 8, and 7 64 all do the exact same thing. I have no USB devices attached except a mouse and keyboard. I have tried with SSD, HDD, PCIE SSD and M.2 SSD with no change.

Outcomes