AnsweredAssumed Answered

Glitches after 15.7 on multiple monitors and crossfire

Question asked by sirpalee on Sep 6, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 by sirpalee

Hey folks,

I'm having some serious issues after upgrading to 15.7 (both on windows 10 and windows 8.1). The problem is a bit hard to explain, and sadly can't be screenshot'd (I will upload some videos later on). What I see are horizontal, black lines across all my monitors, happening when I don't run any game at all. Like if the video signal got corrupted somehow. It seems that if the gpu has enough work to do I don't have the problems (running a full screen youtube video / playing a game greatly decreases the occurrence of the glitches). Disabling crossfire didn't help. Removing the drivers and reinstalling them didn't help either. Games run fine without issues.

If I switch back to a driver earlier than 15.7, I don't have get the glitches anymore. (sadly, that's proving to be a hard one after upgrading to win 10) The same thing happens if I disconnect one of the monitors using dvi-d. Since going back to an earlier driver solved the problems on windows 8.1, I think we can rule out the hardware issues.

My config is the following :

2 x R9 290X Sapphire Tri-x

3 x Dell 27" running at 2560x1440, one using displayport, two using dvi-d.

990fx / Crosshair V Formula-Z

15.8 beta driver

Cheers,

Pal.

Outcomes