AnsweredAssumed Answered

Games won't start and freeze on a black loading screen with new driver

Question asked by lostduckstar on Sep 6, 2015

So I had to format my computer recently and started installing the drivers and after installing the newest amd driver for my video card ( catalyst 15.7.1) my games will freeze on a black loading screen. I can't even finish the process on the task bar.
I tried Dota 2, and after 10 minutes on that black frozen screen, the game worked. I closed it and opened again, and it worked okay. No more frozen black screens.
After that I tried starting Counter Strike: GO and the same thing happened. The game froze on a black loading screen and wouldn't close at all.

Is it always gonna happen when I start the game for the first time? I didn't try to see if CS:GO would work as Dota2 did, but my guess is that it would.

Before formating I had a previous driver ( around 14 I think) and didn't have any of these issues.

Should I go back to the last driver?
OBS.: I did a clean install as many others suggested and still got the same problem.

Edit: While inside Dota2, every time a do something new ( like getting into a match, disconnecting from the match while on the loading screen, disconnecting while inside the match, selecting a different character) takes around 5 minutes to execute....

Edit2: And now the textures are weird too...Here's an in-game print screen

System:

Processor - Intel Quad Core Q8400 2.66Ghz 2.66Ghz

Ram - 8Gb

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

Video Card - AMD Radeon HD 5850 1Gb

Motherboadrd - Intel Extreme Series DP45SG

Outcomes