AnsweredAssumed Answered

Oh look, more driver crashes, didn't see that coming...

Question asked by necroflex on Sep 6, 2015

Ok, since i'm still STUCK with the R9 270x i have to endure the pain of the drivers...

Yes, the graphics care is great, but AMD needs to stop hiring script monkey to faceroll on the keyboard, making codes like that...seriously, in the last 24h i have had 5 driver crashes, literally without any F-ing sense, watching a YT video? wait, lemme crash first, playing a game? waaaaaaiiitt, lemme crash first, doing nothing at all? i'm still gonna crash...

Like, how is that even possible, if AMD is as good as they claim, how the hell is that happening then?

I've been with the Radeon series for a long time, fell in love with ATI, awesome graphic cards and drivers + support, then AMD bought them and at first it was ok, my 6850 lasted for 3 years, barely any driver issues....then it started...like, the change was so sudden it made me think if AMD saw that they were doing too good and fired all of the old ATI team or w/e good team they had...

And yes, i've sent them mails about my issue, i described them perfectly and what do i get back? Probably a mongoloid that just escaped a mental institution, like, please tell me how would you respond to this....:

icw3jt6.png

This was way back in 12.11.2014, and yes, the 13.12 driver worked best, anything after was rubbish and i told him that and i also told him that i tried the newest driver and nothing worked and he still said that in the end...i know, it's probably a bot set up by AMD cause they are too busy facerolling on their keyboards, but still...

After a few more stupid messages i think i actually spoke to a real human being with a bit broken English. After that message i stopped replying cause it was a waste of time...

Forward ~4 months, i sent another ticket, had issues with Dying Light, first response was idk what, something automated, then i sent something back and got a reply that stated that Dying Light needs future planned drivers, so from that i saw that you can play a new game ~1month+ after release since it needs ''future planned drivers''... after that i went to take a few shots since i wanted to forget that ever happened...

A bit later i wanted to post my issue on the forum, hoping that someone randomly knew a solution or something, but for some reason, my old forum acc got deleted even tho i posted with it less than a year ago from that time, so i sent a ticket and they said they will forward it to their forum team...nothing, literally waited for a month and no response whatsoever....so much for support...so i made a new acc using my old mail and nickname and guess what...it worked...gj AMD...gj...

Anyway, few weeks later i tried one last time, in hopes of encountering an intelligent life-form on the other side of the mail sent to AMD support...sadly that was yet again, not the case.

Started off by answering a few of the emailed questions i got, thought this might actually get me an answer. Filled all 4 questions and add a bit of my own detail aswell....the response back was...not expected, even if i thought it would be bad, never thought it would be THAT bad, the guy literally ignored all of the answered questions and only focused on the last detail i added, the GTA 5 crash, which i knew was cause of both beta drivers and R* being incompetent. After that, i was barely holding myself from writing a long letter with many strong words and just wrote back a nice few sentences asking for him to read what i wrote...instead he just threw me a form that was a report form for the beta drivers...after that i gave up on the support and went to the zoo to get some actual support...

Anyway, any solutions to these crashes other than switching to Nvidia?

Outcomes