20 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 10:02 PM by meely99

Radeon r7 250 not loading any directx

meely99

My Graphics card is not loading any version of directx and reverting to opengl or not working at all and I can't run any games or use an external monitor. Gpu-z is not able to read clock rates at all and some programs aren't detecting it as a usable card.
      I have:

HP Probook 6455b
      AMD Phenom II x4 N930
      8GB 1600MHZ RAM

AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB DDR3 (External)

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4250 (Internal)

One solution I've come across that might work is to completely disable the internal card in hopes of it running everything through the r7, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to disable it completly or why its still being loaded when its disabled through device manager or even completely uninstalled.

I have a couple of error logs from a Game that I will attach if it helps.

PLEASE HELP! Iv'e spent over 8 hours trying to fix this with no progress!

• Re: Radeon r7 250 not loading any directx
          backFireX64

Have you already installed the directx redistributable ?

Link:  Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Type  dxdiag in the run or search box and check if all the directx features are enabled (click the display tab)

What catalyst driver version are you using ? Since the HD4250 is not supported by the latest gpu drivers, try disabling it through BIOS settings, or device manager.

Then manually download and install the latest driver for the r9 250 gpu and your o.s version, from the official AMD support site:

Download Drivers

kingfish

I hope your not using windows 10.

meely99

im using windows 7 64 bit professional with windows 10 dual boot but installing on just 7

kingfish

Well these symptoms sound very familiar...check the hundreds of posts here on the forum about issues with Windows 10 and the unsupported HD4000 series graphics cards.

Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10

AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series products and older are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or higher and therefore, do not have driver support for Windows® 10.

The following is a list of graphics products that do not support Windows® 10:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

Windows® 10 will install the default Microsoft® Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor but DOES NOT support:

Display scaling control

Multiple displays

Display rotation

Video capture

Power settings

VSync control

Brightness control on integrated display panels

AMD Catalyst™ Control Center

If your system is equipped with an AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product or older, you may consider the following options:

Continue using the existing operating system.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and would like to revert back to the previous version of Windows, refer to this Microsoft page for instructions.

Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com

NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:

Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot

Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements

Display with compatible connections