MemoryG.Skill Sniper 2400mhz  16GB
      GraphicsXFX 7970 Double D 7970 GHz Edition
      Disc Drive 12 OCZ Vertex 450's 128GB in raid 0
      Disc Drive 2WD Blue 1TB
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSURosewill Hive - 750 watt
      CaseNanoxia Deep Silence One rev.B
      MonitorPB278Q 27-Inch WQHD LED-lit Professional Graphics Monitor

Message was edited by: Charles Nix      adding a pic of my video card and a pic of the mb

• Re: Silver box
          traceman

Hey,

That's an awful nice machine you have there!

charles4691

Thank you Traceman ! It is a good little system. I want to trade the Ocz's raid in for a Kingston HyperX Predator PCIe 240GB SSD Can't go wrong with 1400MB/s read and 1000MB/s writes ! Also want to upgrade my gpu for a newer one .

duramax08

SSD's in raid 0, that must be blazing fast. Do you notice the difference with the SSD's in raid 0 vs just having one ssd in no raid?

dudeobvi

that is one slick looking rig.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  lalakislakis

... while we, the ones with AMD 8XX / 9XX chipsets, are currently forced to keep our SSDs as separate drives because they can't work in raid with these AMD chipsets/drivers! And if they did, we would still have NO TRIM support in raid! Who would expect that just a couple of months away from 2016....

This issue has been known for ages, WE NEED THIS FIXED. Anyway, i could keep on the rant forever, so i am just going to hide back in my hole and try to forget that i can't use my 2 new SSDs in raid mode just because i have AMD chipset/drivers, whichever of the two is the problem... At least if it is a driver thing we might get a fix, although people have been waiting on this for a looong time now...

Anyway, if this is not fixed until my upcoming upgrade, i am not going to keep hoping and hoping, i am just going to buy the mobo/chipset which actually supports SSDs in RAID, and even WITH TRIM support in RAID mode, as we would expect. Both issues HAVE already been solved, just not with AMD chipsets/drivers....

charles4691

I am going to drop my raid set up in favor of getting a Kingston Hyper X Predator PCIe SSD 240GB   It is faster than my raid set up .Unless I move up to a Z97 chipset or go out on a X99 then I would go with the Intel 750 series SSD 400GB ..reads of 2200 MB/s and writes of 900MB?s wayyyy faster than even the predator which reads at 1400MB/s and 1000MB/s writes .. To bad AMD just doesn't fix it so AMD users can have raid or trim support.

lalakislakis

Thanks for the suggestion, the PCIe SSD would solve most of these problems , (although at a large cost!).

Still, i just wanted to say that since i already paid for my two 500GB sata SSDs, as well as for the AMD motherboard/chipset, i would like to actually get what i paid for. I really hope AMD comes back with a fix some time soon, otherwise this disappointment will definitely affect my future hardware choices, and i really do not want to do that if i can avoid it. My whole system at this time (including GPU) revolves around AMD, and i did like it this way, at least until recently.

But if i am forced to pay twice in order to get what i paid for in the first place, then next time i might as well get the more expensive intel hardware straight away. They were by far the first (and the only until now) to actually release a fix for this, and it even works for their previous generation hardware, even if only "unofficially". Am i still waiting day by day for this AMD fix, i don't know for how much longer though, it seems I've had enough...

My brother is in the exact same situation, too bad one of us didn't find this out in time to warn the other, as we bought new hardware around the same time and now we are both stuck with it...

• Re: Black box
                            erenhardt

Actually we do have raid and trim

erenhardt

I think that this XFX cooler design is by far the best looking of all GPU coolers.

Those flat PCIe cables are very subtle. My case looks like a spider's web of power cords all over the place. I need to get one of those PSUs with flat detachable cables.

My case doesn't have a window, so that helps .

sgtt8ie

Very tasty looking build! I like the splash of colour that XFX DD shroud brings.