0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 5:49 AM by greg7

Poor graphics on AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB on Windows 7 64Bit

greg7

Hi,

I bought a new PC from a local supplier last month. I have a problem that the supplier seems unable to assist with.

The spec includes Windows7 64bit, I5 4690 CPU, 16gb Corsair RAM, Asus Z97-p motherboard, soundblaster Z series, AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB. I am using a high-speed broadband connection.

I was hoping for pretty good performance from the above and have a considerable power / speed gain from previous WinXP computer, but the graphics are causing me considerable concern. They are grainier and poorer than those on my old XP computer which had a far inferior CPU and NVidea Graphics card.

I do have the latest Drivers on board for the AMD GPU. The monitor is perhaps 3 months old and has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 @ 60p HZ.

I am mainly using this PC for multimedia rather than gaming. The picture seems somewhat grainy and pixellated when watching TV. Video playback seems awful on the many MP4's that I transferred from old PC to the new one. Watching in HD is not bad but the picture does not seem "fluid".

I have tried adjusting various settings for the AMD Card via the AMD Catalyst Control Center which I can bring up on my screen monitor but am getting nowhere fast.

Can anyone help please?