0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 12:37 AM by 8th_gen_si

AMD Radeon R9 270x 2GB OC Edition drivers wont install on windows 7

8th_gen_si

Hello!

Ive been having issues lately with my computer that barely a year old!

Firstly here are my specs!

MB: B85M-D3V Rev 2.0

CPU: Intel G3258 3.2ghz

RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

STORAGE: WD Green 1TB

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB OC Edition

PSU: Ultra Professional LSP Series V2 Professional 750 Watt peak ATX Power Supply

I forgot the Optical drive but is is from ASUS

Problem i am having is i had windows 7 with every single update out there and i have the gpu installed with drivers too because the OC software that came with it was working and i was able to tweak the GPU to my preferred settings! Windows 10 rolled by and i was excited to update which after a few days of trying i managed to get windows 10 installed. Within about a week to 2 week of having windows 10 ive notived my games were lagging and were slow even on lowest settings so i checked my device manager and come to see that the display adapter is set to "Intel HD Graphics" or something along those lines... i tried to roll back to windows 7 but it would not allow me so i did a fresh and legit install of windows 7 again with the key and validated it. No matter how many times i unplug and remove to clean and re install the GPU and all necessary connections (Power cables which are 2 6 pin connectors for a total of 12, the HDMI, DVI, VGA cables) my monitor stays blank and says after a few seconds "Monitor going to sleep" but when i connect the DVI cable to the on board graphics i can see windows running and am able to use the computer normally! So now in device manager i see "standard VGA Graphics adapter". I have tried letting it update on its own which it keeps telling me it is up to date... i have also tried this (update driver software> browse my computer for driver software> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer> now from here i have done both the options available... the first is "Have disk" which i have led it to both the cd driver that came with the card which failed no matter which driver i selected and i have tried them all, and also downloaded the latest AMD driver which i think is 15.7 NOT BETA and that to has failed... the second method i tried at this stage was unchecking the box "show compatible hardware which gave me this (NVIDIA, INTEL Corporation, ATI Technologies, Advanced Micro Devices) which i carefully looked though each one that has a ton of differecnt cars and drivers for each card and i found the advanced one being the AMD i need and i scrolled though the list and tried all the drivers possible for AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 series, AMD Radeon R9 200/ HD 7900 Series, AMD Radeon R9 200x series and even found some R9 270/1024SP. now with all of these i get the same message which is exactly as follows: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device, Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows." My version of windows is "Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64-Bit OS" and again it is registered online and is a genuine active version! lastly when i try to install the latest driver from the amd site it says i do not have catalyst install manager installed so as it tried to install that it fails no matter what i try nor what comparability mode i try to run it in... all the fans in my pc are spinning normally including the gpu its self both fans are running and everything i double and trippled checked is connected right and is securely held in place! Any help would be greatly appreciated and i have read many articles from everywhere but no solution seems to work for me and i am most confident my gpu is not dead!