2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2015 10:58 AM by hellahated

Need help determining if my computer can run a graphics card I want

hellahated

I am interested in purchasing a XFX Radeon R7 250 (R7-250A-ZLF4) 1024MB PCIe x16 Gen 3.0, but I don't know if my computer can run it.

I will upload all pictures of my PCI slot, Computer specs, Graphics Card information, and PSU. I have done a lot of research, but I am overwhelmed and don't want to end up buying a PSU and Graphics card that wont work with my computer.

I know that the XFX Radeon R7 250 (R7-250A-ZLF4) 1024MB PCIe x16 Gen 3.0 has a power requirement of 400W, so I also need help determining what PSU upgrade will work with my system and wont cause any complications after installation.

Also, I believe I have a PCIe x16, but this Graphics card says that it needs a PCIe 3.0 and I don't know if mine will support that.

If I find out I cannot run the XFX Radeon R7 250 (R7-250A-ZLF4) 1024MB PCIe x16 Gen 3.0 with my computer, can you please help me find a Graphics card that will work? My brother wants to be able to play World of Warcraft on this computer, and I want to be able to play modern games without lag on at least a medium to high setting. My current Graphics card has horrible frame rate on certain games even on the lowest settings possible. This could be that the graphics card is just too old or it could be because I have over-used this computer over the years and just need to replace it. I have a tested all the games that I want to play on systemrequirementslab.com and have found out that most games only require that I upgrade my Graphics card. The only game that requires that I have a better CPU is World of Warcraft, but my brother will have to deal with that for now as I don't have enough money to buy a new computer.

My current Graphics Card is an ATI Radeon HD 4200.

My CPU is an AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor and my CPU Speed is 2.9GHz. I have a RAM of 6GBs and I also have a 64-bit system and I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I have tried making a forum on techspot.com, but no one has helped there, so I thought that I might as well create a post on the actual website who's product I am buying. Please let me know if you need any more information and how exactly I can find that information for you.