AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 Multi Screen Doesn't Work After Upgrade from Windows 8.1

Question asked by ucsutah on Aug 31, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 by ucsutah

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and my 4 screens worked perfectly fine in Windows 8.1, but in Windows 10 i have been having nothing but problems. I am using dual amd radeon 5700 graphics cards and on your tested windows 10 list. With default windows 10 graphics drivers it shows only two monitors working. I then updated to the amd catalyst 15.7.1 64 bit. and i instaill and about 20% into the install all 4 monitors show and then at the end of the install only 2 show again. I then tried the amd-catalyst 15.8beta 64bit. And the same thing. I then went into safe mode and uninstalled everything and deleted the drivers etc, completely clean, and disabled windows from updating the drivers automatically. I then updated the drivers through device manager and pointed to just the 64 bit drivers (amd catalyst 15.8beta) without the control panel etc. I then was able to get 3 screens working instead of 4. I restarted the system and it came up with only 2 again. So i re-did the install and 3 came up again. The strange thing is in display properties it only shows 2 screens and i have 3 working temporarily until i restart my computer.

Do i need to wait for another driver or is there something i can do now to get my 4 screens working, without this strange workaround to get at least 3 screens working?

Suggestions?

thanks

My configuration is Windows 10 pro upgrade 64bit

24gb of Ram

2 X amd radeon 5700 graphics cards

CPU - Fx8320

800watt psu, true power

Asustek Sabertooth 990FX

3tb - WD 7200

ADATA SX900 - 256 GB SSD

WD Black - 1tb

300gb - wd 10k