1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 1:57 PM by deathsbedbug

Windows Login doesn't appear 13-9 legacy Win 7 Radeon HD 4200

deathsbedbug

I recently obtained a second monitor that has a one inch black gutter around it.  After researching, one of the solutions was to change a setting in the Catalyst Center.  Well, the Catalyst Center wouldn't open at all.  So following that path, I updated it to 13-9 Legacy AMD Vision Engine Control Center.

Now, my primary VGA-connected monitor will not work at all, the new HDMI-connected monitor works, but only when using the Standard VGA adapter from Windows.  If I try to use the AMD driver, I cannot load Windows.  It will start up, display the BIOS, show Starting Windows, then give a black screen that does not go away AT ALL.  Then I have to return to Safe Mode, where I cannot uninstall the AMD software because ironically Windows Installer Service isn't available in safe mode to change back to the Standard VGA adapter.

I downloaded a driver cleaning utility and removed the AMD drivers, installed an older package, 13-1 and even tried 12-9.  Same results.  The Vision Control Engine still will not start, so I cannot edit anything in there.

Steps I've taken:

Installed 13-9-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql

Attempted to restart after installation

Won't load past 'Starting Windows'

Entered Safe Mode with Networking

Obtained Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller

Uninstalled All AMD Driver software

Reinstalled 13-9-legacy_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_whql

Repeated all of the above with 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc

Researched, others on Win 10 have same issue, entered registry, disabled ULPS.

Still cannot get the login screen.

Returned to Safe Mode

Enabled the AMD driver in Device manager manually

Restarted, cannot get login screen.

Reverted to Standard VGA adapter

My dxdiag is attached.  This is my WORK computer, not a gaming rig.  I need it to do my job and need a resolution ASAP pretty please.