3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 5:20 PM by friedchickenflu

Sapphire R9 390X Crashing. Help!

bryngezz
      Hi! I recently downloaded Black Ops 3 Beta. For my Pc with a Sapphire r9 390x. The proplem is that it crashes and the games goes black like 2-20 minutes in the game, so I have to restart it with the task manager. I have the same problem with Black Ops 2. I can play both Bo 2 and Bo 3 Beta at max settings 1080p with over 90 fps btw...

I have the latest drivers: 15.7.1 Games like Battlefield 3/4, CS-GO, Works absolutely fine.

I don't know who else to ask, Noone seems to know anything that works on forums..

Thanks in advance for answers!

• Re: Sapphire R9 390X Crashing. Help!
          friedchickenflu

I had a similar issue with a new build. Fresh install of Win10, 2 R9 390x and the latest drivers. Do you have Raptr and AMD's gaming app installed? Also, with Win10 I was noticing the time was off when booting up. Read in a sep forum (not sure which one now) that there was a timing issue that caused the system to bork out. What is your OS?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              bryngezz

I've got windows 10

Sry, but I'm not sure what you mean with "timing issue"

I have Raptr and Amd catalyst control center installed.

Doesn't seem to work any better when uninstalling raptr. And I recently bought GTA V it also crashes sometimes...

friedchickenflu

Date and time settings. When I initially started Win10, the time would be off about an hour. I changed the settings and switched off the auto detect for time. I uninstalled the AMD catalyst and reupdated it thru the Sapphire website. Also downloaded the Twixx utility from there and used it to shut off the ULPS setting on the cards. After it shutdown and while it was down, I switched the cards to run under EUFI instead of Legacy. The buttons are towards the portside of the cards. They have the Sapphire logo on them. When they are switched to UEFI, they should glow on start up. Hopefully that helps. Was able to game last night for about 4 hours with no issues. It seemed like when it was crashing was when the cards would start the fans up. I think disabling the ULPS helped.