I have an otherwise solid PC (Intel LGA2011/i7, SSDs, 8G RAM). Tested them all, rock solid.
My PC randomly freezes. I have traced it to the video card because:
a) CPU and RAM tests and stress passes
b) I Can play games with heavy lean on the GPU without issue
However, it randomly freezes (no mouse movement, no Num Lock, looping sound) without reason, but the rate at which it hangs is different:
* High if playing low load, screen slidy 2D games
* Low if playing heavy games
* VERY HIGH if watching DXVA video (just about any video on MPC-HC)
* VERY HIGH if watching YouTube video WITH HW Acceleteration on
* VERY LOW if watching YouTube video WITH HW Acceleteration off
This hasn't always been the case. It worked fine, until a driver update somewhere last year. I believe autumn 2014. After that driver update, it started 2 issues: screen would not wake from sleep (fixed by setting my monitor to never go to sleep) and random freezes when HW acceleration was used.
I'm at my wit's end. Any ideas?