1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 6:21 PM by zealotki11er

I have a Dell Precision M6600 Mobile Workstation operating on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit) with AMD (ATI) Firepro M8900 (FireGL) Mobility Pro Graphics. I have been experiencing the "atikmpag.sys" BSOD for over six months.

flyingray

I have a Dell Precision M6600 Mobile Workstation operating on Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit) with AMD (ATI) Firepro M8900 (FireGL) Mobility Pro Graphics. I have been experiencing the "atikmpag.sys" BSOD for over six months, which by the way, popped-up with no warning and with no prior changes being made to the system hardware or software. One morning, I powered-up the computer, and after going into the "Windows" the screen fluttered a few times and went into the BSOD. On other ocassions, startup produced a black screen. At any rate, I have been able to log into "Safe Mode" and revert back to VGA mode. I have tried every solution offered on the Internet, as well as a fresh reinstall of Windows 7. This issue was identified as early as 2011; but, it seems that none of the manufacturers, including Microsoft and Dell, have made any effort to resolve this issue. The ironic part is that the culprit file is "atikmpag.sys" a very small file. I cannot imagine that in the universal realm of data and information, particularly as accessed via the Internet, no one--absolutely no one--has a resolution to this issue. Suffice it to say that I am most tired of talking to "technical" representatives that keep on telling me to do the same things over and over again . . . that didn't work the first time. My computer was very expensive--being one of Dell's premier offerings--and other that this video issue is otherwise in good shape with years of service to come. Is there anyone who can help? I am sure you will be also helping the 100s of users who have already sought help for this issue.