8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2015 12:21 AM by root-access

Ubuntu Driver Question

root-access

Hello,

I actually have two questions I was hoping to get answered, if possible. I'll list the most important first:

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out which files to download for my graphics card. I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64 with an R9 280 with the 14.6 Beta drivers, however, I would like to install the latest beta driver as currently this driver, as well as the source drivers Ubuntu provides, not only makes my system unstable but crashes my games like crazy.

Anyways, I located this download: Desktop

However, it is different than the 14.6 Beta Driver I installed a week or two ago, which is this one here. The difference, of course, being that the one I have installed now was a zip and real easy to install, and the one I linked to above having a list of downloads. So my question is, which file do I download and how exactly do I install it? They are deb files, I realize that, but downloading one does not seem to work.

I haven't been able to find this information anywhere concrete (though to admit, I'm no google master!) but will the R9 2xx series support DX12 and Vulkan in some way of benefit?

Thank you for the patience in reading this, and for any help you might provide!