2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 4:24 PM by retinal

Every Video Driver Causes BSOD

retinal

So I have this problem with my PowerColor Devil 13 Dual Core R9 290X where any time I install an ATI Driver it crashes to a blue screen. Doesn't matter what driver version or if Windows 7 or 10. The error messages on the blue screen is mostly: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, but also VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE, and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and another one or 2 I cant remember. I have tried every driver version released since the release of the video card with fresh installs of Windows, but no luck. I have swapped all my PC components with different configurations and the exact same issues occur. This couldn't be the video cards hardware issue either, because there have been people who RMA'd it and still had the exact same issue with the new one.

Help me, I beg you! Over a week has passed and I have still not found a fix.

• Re: Every Video Driver Causes BSOD
          retinal

I heard that a VGA BIOS update should fix the problem but I can't seem to find an update for this card. Also, I have tried contacting PowerColor support 3 times now with this problem but i have received 0 feedback. So much they think of their customers..

• Re: Every Video Driver Causes BSOD
              retinal

There is that fix where you can install the driver in the device manager, but that doesn't give the option to enable crossfire. This is the only solution I have found for it and possibly the only one that exists for it.

So I have moved on to trying to contact MSI (my motherboard manufacturer), so maybe they can throw in a fix for the next BIOS update, if possible. So far all the feedback I have received is about me having to specify who the manufacturer of the card is, don't know why since I clearly did, and if I have tried the card on other motherboard , which I did, and some other specifications.

I don't know if for some reason they thought it was a too stupid of a thread to respond to anymore, or if it all was just to create an illusion to make me think that customer service cares.

But I guess we'll see if there is any hope in customer services anymore..

And if you have the same problem, try contacting your motherboard manufacturer. It could definitely be the holy fix for this issue and the only one there is.