AnsweredAssumed Answered

I am having problems getting my third monitor to display anything.  I have an AMD Radeon HD7700 graphics card which has DVI,HDMI & Display Port  connections.  I have them connected with:  1) DVI-DVI Cable, 2) HDMI-DVI Cable, and 3) Display Port-DVI Cable.

Question asked by snakeriverjohn on Aug 24, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 by Thanny

I am having problems getting my third monitor to display anything.  I have an AMD Radeon HD7700 graphics card which has DVI,HDMI & Display Port  connections.  I have them connected with:  1) DVI-DVI Cable, 2) HDMI-DVI Cable, and 3) Display Port-DVI Cable.  Prior to purchasing the Display Port-DVI Cable I was running two monitors, one with a DVI-DVI Cable and the other with an HDMI-DVI Cable and they worked just fine.  Upon adding the third monitor I still only have two monitor which work fine - one is the Display Port - DVI Cable and the other is the HDMI-DVI Cable.  When I connect the DVI-DVI Cable none of the monitors display anything. I am running Windows 10.  I believe that I have the latest driver for my graphics card amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit. My HANNS-G Monitor is using a DVI-Display Port Cable, My DELL Monitor is using a DVI-HDMI Cable and working fine, however when I tie in my LG Monitor using a DVI-DVI Cable none of my Monitors come up at all........ I have done some research however I do not have the computer smarts to completely understand what I am reading/hearing.  I understand that my graphics card will only accept two legacy and one native connections, however I do not understand what that means - how do know which of my cables is native and which are legacy.  Then to further confuse me I hear that some connections are active while other are passive.  All I want to know is 1) do I have the correct cables and 2) what do I need to do to get my graphics card to recognize all three monitors???

Outcomes