0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2015 2:59 PM by schor

Why does Windows Error Reporting (werfault.exe) appear under Catalyst in task manager startup list in Windows 10?

schor

Why does Windows Error Reporting (werfault.exe) appear under Catalyst Control Center Launcher in task manager startup list in Windows 10?

Under Windows 10

Under Task List

Under Startup (tab)

Catalyst Control Center

(Task Bar)

(Help)

(Werfault) !?!?!

I see a number of applications, which make sense since they are part of CCC.  But not Windows Error Reporting, why is it showing up under CCC start list of applications?

Windows 10 recommended disable of CCC startup.  Which I did, only to realize it breaks CCC, so I re-enabled CCC startup applications, then rebooted, and then werfault consistently shows as a listed process under CCC in the Windows 10 Task List Startup tab itemization for CCC.  I finally completely uninstalled and reinstalled CCC and finally get working again.  AMD should post some type of warning about CCC being marked as 'startup' heavy impact to system, because that is exactly what Windows 10 is griping about that the CCC applications that run at start are SLOWING DOWN Windows 10 start up.