AnsweredAssumed Answered

Screen freeze and black in boot - ati mob 5650 HD

Question asked by fdavide on Aug 23, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 by fdavide

Hi all, I've got this really annoying trouble with my Ati mobility Radeon 5650 HD on my acer 5740.

I've upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 home and all worked well until I had some screen freezes and the notebook stopped working (neither the keyboard was working, I had just to force it to turn off).

At the reboot the screen is completely dark, as it is turned off, neither the bios screen is available. I need to shut off and force him to go under recovery (which appears after 3 or 4 tries). The in temporary mode I delete drivers and it start to work good again, until the next freeze whitch appears randomly while you're doing stuff.

I thought the fault it was of the latest driver (15.6 July 2015) but no: it freezes even with previously drivers.

That's very annoying because you can't use pc but with the fear it is going to shut down.

Thanks for for all the replies

P.S. I've red other threads but no one resolved or talked specifically about my issue.

I Checked also Microsoft's customer care and they weren't able even to understand the problem

Outcomes