0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2015 9:46 AM by skbmto

second monitor not detected after upgrade to Win 10 from 7

skbmto

In Windows 7, I could use my second monitor as an extension of the first monitor. Now with Windows 10, I can't. The second monitor is on and has identical screen as #1 screen... not extended.

I have HP Pavilion dv7 4267cl with switchable graphics. The two graphics are both AMD,

Device Manager initially said AMD m88G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 driver ATI 9/15/2010 version 8.770.2.1000

and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 with same driver as above.

Now, after Windows 10 updated the driver for the AMD Radeon 6370 the Device Manager says

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series that has no driver installed even though the driver tab shows 8/3/2015 version 15.200.1062.1004

and AMD Radeon HD 6300 series with the same driver as above but it says" Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" in the device status and has the yellow triangle symbol.

I was under the impression in some of my reading that I should not install the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 driver package. Am I correct or should I install it?

Currently the Catalyst that I assume came forward from Windows 7 is very basic and when I click on it, this message pops up on my screen first:

"No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

After clicking OK, the AMD Catalyst comes up but it is very basic Performance, CPU Power, and nothing else. There is no Configure Switchable Graphics section.

My laptop is old enough for HP to no longer supply any drivers, etc. Windows 10 compatibility check before upgrading from Windows 7 passed my system for upgrading. Windows 10 is up to date and it has already provided a driver for the AMD graphics.

Should I uninstall and then download and install the 15.7.1 package? Are there any workarounds for me to be able to use my second monitor. I am not a gamer... I work in an office and use the second monitor for having numerous windows open at the same time and visible at the same time on both screens with the second as an extension of the first. HELP?!