ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 I've been having a recurring problem that is also hard to recreate on demand.
Windows 10 would crash with a BSOD saying "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" or something like that when :
- playing two or more video simultaneously. E.g. Youtube and Potplayer
- a 3D game is playing in windowed mode then I start a youtube video
- cpu is working hard (compiling / zipping) and I keep stressing it further e.g. by opening multiple tabs / playing games
This has never happened while in Windows 8.1 but started right after I upgraded.
Windows 10 is really sweet however and I loathe to downgrade unless there is no other way around it.
Browsing the forum indicates that AMD is aware and working on a fix and we are recommended to upgrade our driver when it is available.
However the very act of upgrading the drive using windows update would lead to the aforementioned BSOD.
- Is there any other way to upgrade it ?perhaps while booting and not in windows ?
- What is the best way to check my APU's temperature ? I dont think the BSOD is caused by overheating but I want to double check
CPU : AMD A8-7600 (on a 65W setting, not overclocked)
Cooler: HyperMaster 212 Plus
Mobo: Asrock FM2A88M-HD+ (Bios P2.60)
Memory : Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 Mhz 4GB
Drive : Sandisk Extreme Pro SSD