5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 7:25 PM by patriotamd

AMD driver 15.7.1 Windows 10 BUG Missing VSR option on R9 290x sapphire Vapor-X 8gb.

patriotamd

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and noticed the entire VSR option and checkbox was missing from the "My digital Flat panels display" - Properties tab. Using a 1080p display + an R9 290x I took the liberty of using VSR is all kinds of games on windows 7 (Which I played and used yesterday morning just fine) but right after switching to windows 10 and removing/updating my drivers to accompany the upgrade I'm shocked to find the VSR option removed.

[1080p 60hertz {Oced to 69} display connected to the GPU via HDMI]

CPU: i7 3820 3.6ghz

GPU: R9 290x 8gb

RAM: 16gb GDDR3

TL;DR: VSR option missing on windows 10, 15.7.1 drivers; R9 290x  GPU.

This is a big deal for me.

• Re: AMD driver 15.7.1 Windows 10 BUG Missing VSR option on R9 290x sapphire Vapor-X 8gb.
          patriotamd

I should add, from what I can tell everything else is working as normal including target frame rate control. In game performance seems to be okay except in this program called "Space engine" oddly if I look at 2 near by planets my FPS will immediately drop to 30, this did NOT happen on windows 7.

PS: Under scaling options it seems I CANNOT change the underscan/overscan, Luckily my display is matching up just fine right now but it seems the driver+windows 10 is not liking HDMI? My display works fine and I am able to play games currently but some key features in CCC are either missing or don't work.

PPS: This might not be related, but even in windows 7 the Frame Rate control never worked in 90% of my games, the setting was available in CCC but my FPS was never capped except in 1 older game.