2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 8:59 AM by raymondmok

My HD3200 HDMI Scaling on Windows 10 Not working

raymondmok

Hi I had a mainboard with HD3200 embed, In Windows 7 i can use ccc (Catalyst) to make my HDMI monitor show on monitor without black border, in Windows 10 i got a black border on the monitor, last week after i installed the Version 15 Driver l do not found this feature inside ccc is there not support on HD3200 or any bugs there ?

i can only see the CPU fequence control and powersaving option inside ccc no other option.

Please advise. Thanks.

• Re: My HD3200 HDMI Scaling on Windows 10 Not working
          kingfish

Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10

AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series products and older are not certified to support Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.2 or higher and therefore, do not have driver support for Windows® 10.

The following is a list of graphics products that do not support Windows® 10:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics

ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

Windows® 10 will install the default Microsoft® Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor but DOES NOT support:

Display scaling control

Multiple displays

Display rotation

Video capture

Power settings

VSync control

Brightness control on integrated display panels

AMD Catalyst™ Control Center

If your system is equipped with an AMD Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product or older, you may consider the following options:

Continue using the existing operating system.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and would like to revert back to the previous version of Windows, refer to this Microsoft page for instructions.

Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com

NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:

Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot

Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements

Display with compatible connections

1 of 2 people found this helpful
            • Re: My HD3200 HDMI Scaling on Windows 10 Not working
              raymondmok

I find another Method and it is work for my Windows 10

This Method can work without Catalyst ccc

Open regedit and go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Vide o\\

In there, there'll be some keys looking like this:

{ECA904C2-25E6-4680-9B2C-44EBC0EC9190} (with different numbers and letters ;o)

Highlight the "Video" key at the top of the tree, and do a search for "1920x1080" (or whatever resolution you want to change).

You'll find some keys in subfolders named 0000, 0001, etc.

The keys will begin with DALR6 DFPXXXXxYYYYx0xFF

XXXX= Horizontal resolution

YYYY= Vertical resolution

FF= Display frequency

Before you continue, take a backup of the original keys by right-clicking the {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}-type key, and select "Export"

Click on the key matching the screen resolution and frequency you want to remove the borders of.

A lot of the key will consist of "00", but there'll be a few non-00 entries. Change all of these to 00.

Finally, I had two subfolders, 0000 and 0001, containing mirrors of the same keys. When I changed a key in one subfolder, it also changed in the other.

This fixed the problem for me, no need to install CCC.

Effects will take place next time you change the screen resolution to a resolution you changed.

Note that doing this is at your own risk!

Actually, just changing the first non-00 entry in a key will remove the issue, but when mirroring my desktop @ 1920x1080x60, it'd reinstate the borders. Changing all the non-00 values to 00 fixed this. I have no idea what the entries do exactly, all I know is that it worked.

source from

How I fixed overscan/underscan issues on an ATI card without Catalyst Control Center - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussi…

2 of 2 people found this helpful