1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 1:47 PM by kingfish

Event Id 1000

zxiothemonk

I recently reinstalled windows 8.1 and I am trying to download my AMD Radeon R7 250 drivers from the cd.  When I click to run the program it just doesn't work and in the event log it says it is a faulty application and its labeled as event ID 1000.

• Re: Event Id 1000
          kingfish

First go to Windows Update and install the relevant 'optional' and 'recommended' updates...then >

1. Using steps 1-5 , manually select your graphics drivers HERE and download/save to your desktop. Do not use automatic find and install.

2. Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

Note: Disable all anti-virus/ anti-malware/ anti-anything while performing the installation. Very important.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and EXPRESS uninstall all AMD software including the install manager. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and selectively uninstall the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

Please note that if you choose "Custom Install" the new drivers, it will automatically install the 'Gaming Evolved' (raptr) app in addition to the drivers. If you do not wish to have raptr on your computer, choose 'Custom' install the new drivers and uncheck the box next to 'Gaming Evolved'.

This is a proven installation method that will work 99% of the time for everybody. However, there is the 1% who will need to use the 'Clean' install method. Use this if you run into issues.